• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Martin

Martin

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 11:37 PM

I started this thread to learn and share the what and when of the Cox Iso line (IFC). While putting together the Super Cuc I had choices I was not sure about.

I will start at the front wheel axle spacer set-up and then get to the rest of the chassis, guide, motor and body combinations. Please remember I am not the expert but with your help will know more at the end of this fact finding mission. 

This pic below shows three combinations of front wheel set ups that I found while putting my Super Cuc together. I have changed what I had on that car to the needle bearing fronts with the brass tube and the black nylon spacers. That's on the left and believe that is the last combination used. 

Next (in the middle) Is what I think is first genaration, ball bearing wheels all brass spacers.

On the right is what I believe is the really early fist generation when Cox spent the extra on nickle plating the spacers and the same ball bearing fronts. Just my gut on that one.

Please take a look at what you have and share, see if we can confirm these findings.

100_1149.JPG

Martin Windmill

Electric Dreams Online Shop