• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 JimF

JimF

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 11:52 AM

In general, I think our race group has been happy with the JK Mini Brute motor in the classes we run them in. However, when we run F-1 on banked tracks, some racers have mentioned discrepancies in relative speeds of the cars. There are a lot of factors that play into this and in my own experience, the motors that I have have been pretty consistent. Break in and car setup are key factors in making fast laps with these motors in F-1 on speedway tracks. Still, it was obvious that some motors were just not fast at all for whatever the reason(s), and perhaps the cars were a little too easy to drive.

So..................For our race at FTH on July 15, we will allow the Retro Hawk class of motor in our F-1 cars. This will be as simple as removing a motor from one of your Can Ams and putting it into an F-1. This may be like swatting a fly with a baseball bat but it will curtail motor complaints for this race. This will only be for this next race and afterwards, we will evaluate the results. All other F-1 rules will remain the same.

Honestly, I'm tired of hearing motor complaints and I do not consider them valid at all when F-1 is raced on a flat track, or stock cars on any track. Nevertheless, there is a crap shoot involved when cars that handle as well as our F-1s do are raced on banked tracks with slowish motors. So, at least for this next "switchup" race at FTH, we will try the faster motors in our F-1s.

FTH: 7-15-18

Race #1: F-1 on Purple Angel with Retro Hawk motors. All other F-1 rules remain the same.

Race #2: Can Am on Yellow Dragon, normal rules apply.

Race #3: Stock Cars on Yellow Dragon, normal rules apply.

• Tim Neja and boxerdog like this
Jim Fowler

Electric Dreams Online Shop