1 reply to this topic

#1 SlowBeas

SlowBeas

Troublesome De-slotter

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 06:56 PM

In an unusual turn of events, the gang at The Doghouse chose to hold a race on a Wednesday night. (Truthfully, something came up to cause us to postpone Saturday's scheduled race. So, we waited until our regular weekly get-together.)

Hail hail, most of the gang was there...

The Gang.jpg

(from l - r: Bob Arneson, John vanDuesen, Richard Sylvester, Dan Parker, Jim Beasley)

Conspicuously absent this particular night were Don Weaver, who had another commitment, and Marty "Dr. C" Cwaikala, who was running the family coffee shop while his wife was out of town.

Back to the important matters. On this night, we decided to run Parma Flexi-2s with LMP bodies. As you can see, LMPs have a great, realistic appeal...

The Lineup.jpg

(from l - r: Richard, Bob, Jim, John and Dan)

Since he only recently returned to the hobby, John didn't have an LMP body so we let him run-what-he-brung.

All in all, another fun race -- with plenty of trash talk and occasional crashes due to laughter. In the end, the host of The Doghouse, "Fast Richard" Sylvester, lived up to his name, besting the field of racers...

The Results.jpg

We have yet to decide what to race next -- could be Can-Am, F1, Jail Door, or maybe another IROC race. Whatever we choose, you can expect another report then.

Oh yeah, one last thing: if you see Dan (or, Rocky the Flying Squirrel, as he's known in our circle), be sure to wish him a happy retirement. He finally called it quits on July 31. Well-deserved.

Until next time, good racin' to you. And as the old saying goes, "if you're not a little out of control, you're not really racing."

jb

• mjsh, Pablo, Tim Neja and 2 others like this
Jim Beasley
South Carolina, USA

"Assuming either the Left Wing or the Right Wing gained control of the country, it would probably fly around in circles."
- Pat Paulsen, 1968
"I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol."
- Steven Wright ca. 1983

#2 SlowBeas

SlowBeas

Troublesome De-slotter

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 04 August 2018 - 07:49 AM

I feel so guilty for my failure to include another racer who was conspicuously absent. "Captain" Keith Leggett joined our racing team several months ago and has shown that he fits in perfectly with the rest of this slots-challenged bunch. Maybe next time, I can get it all correct.

Jim Beasley
South Carolina, USA

"Assuming either the Left Wing or the Right Wing gained control of the country, it would probably fly around in circles."
- Pat Paulsen, 1968
"I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol."
- Steven Wright ca. 1983

Electric Dreams Online Shop