11 replies to this topic

#1 Pete L.

Pete L.

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,442 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 10:59 AM

As Steve mentioned in a previous post we had many scales represented last night. Steve and Mikey, as well as myself, brought along a good number of HO stuff...

I'll start with my HO cars because they're few in number and won't require much explanation. The old Aurora HO carry case displays part of my collection of basically stock Aurora cars. The Hot Rod roadster and the Jaguar roadster are awaiting parts to complete their restoration.

DSCN0172.JPG

Peter J. Linszky

C.A.R.S. Vintage Slot Car Club

#2 Pete L.

Pete L.

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,442 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 11:03 AM

Mikey's HO stuff is up next. I liked the Aurora Mustang the best...

I'll ask Mikey explain to what else we see in the photos as there is a good number of HO cars and some 1/32 scale stuff in the stash...

Mikey's green Dune Buggy with Cox driver waiting to take to the track.

DSCN0531.JPG

DSCN0525.JPG

DSCN0527.JPG

DSCN0526.JPG

Attached Images

• DSCN0543.JPG
  • DSCN0539.JPG

• chaparrAL likes this
Peter J. Linszky

#3 Pete L.

Pete L.

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,442 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 11:13 AM

In keeping with this month's theme, "A" for August. Glenn displayed part of his collection of AMC/AMX slot cars. Glenn is the proud owner of a 1:1 scale AMX so it's a natural for him to have AMC/AMX stuff for us to check out.

My fav is the clear MIB Russkit AMX/Javelin body along with interior and as yet unopened parts envelope! 

Second is the Lancer AMC body complete with box and interior. The Parma Javelin is also among the group and is one of my all time favorites due to having one in my collection as well, that's been in "waiting" for a number of years.

Finally to add some color to this post I wanted to include the latest AMC body, from JK. I can't wait to see one of these out on the track !

DSCN0174.JPG

DSCN0176.JPG

DSCN0173.JPG

DSCN0179.JPG

Peter J. Linszky

#4 Pete L.

Pete L.

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,442 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 11:23 AM

Rodney's cars are up next. Some of his cars are scratchbuilt and are really fascinating due to the fact that they were built "back in the day" without the use of a chassis jig!

The group of dark 1/32 cars came to Rodney's collection by way of mutual acquaintance Mark, a fellow "car guy" who now only seems to dabble in 1:1 scale stuff. We'll try to change that though...

The chassis photo of these cars is of particular interest as the first and last car seem to be of the old "West Coast Design" that was popular in the day and was featured in many Slot car publications of the era. We'd like to see some more ...

DSCN0181.JPG

DSCN0185.JPG

DSCN0178.JPG

DSCN0183.JPG

DSCN7077.JPG

Peter J. Linszky

#5 Pete L.

Pete L.

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,442 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 11:29 AM

I saved Steve's collection for last because I'm unfamiliar with the history of much of the HO slot car realm and I wanted him to explain the finer points of his display.

More pictures to follow soon!

DSCN0197.JPG

DSCN0196.JPG

Peter J. Linszky

#6 Pete L.

Pete L.

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,442 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 11:37 AM

Of course without the enthusiasts, there would be no C.A.R.S. club. Here's the group assembled last night discussing the subject of HO slot car companies. Some in the group argued on behalf of Aurora, feeling that they had the upper hand in the field. Others felt that Atlas was the better product and having had a layout as a kid (to this day) I was in agreement. 

Pics below show Billy, Logan, Glenn, Rodney, Mikey, Oliver, Steve, as well as myself talking HO cars and HO racing !

Thanks to everyone who came out and made this a great meeting and many thanks to the Herbert family for letting us "kids" play at The Race Place!

DSCN0192.JPG

DSCN0545.JPG

Attached Images

• DSCN0194.JPG

• eggsplurt likes this
Peter J. Linszky

#7 eggsplurt

eggsplurt

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 12:01 PM

It was a fun night Pete.....I find that once I have a lane with power on it, I want to just run.........But, anybody into Aurora T-Jets knows the mystique behind the elusive “ Candy Mustangs”.....As you can see ,....I have a bunch of them.....Pete took a sampliing picture but, there are another 5 or 6 there hiding off to the sides.......One being an original blue car, the hardest one to find......One of those boxes is original and the others are my own re-pops......I have about 10 of them..........They’re pretty cool..........The story behind the Ford-Aurora Grand National is kind of long-winded so, chime in if you really need to know it.........again, great night and great running vintage cars........Thanks Jackie & Jerry..........Steve
  • Pete L. likes this
Steve Drucker

#8 eggsplurt

eggsplurt

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 09:27 PM

Down at The Race Place again tonite....Friday....My friend George and I were running his Reality Modifieds and my Flexi-1 model car adapted cars......I’m going to take a picture of them lined up on a track because they are cool and run fantastic........Fords, Chevy’s, Dodge, Plymouth, Oldsmobile, Pontiacs......AMT...MPC....Monogram.....You name it, it’s in the stable......
Steve Drucker

#9 Bill from NH

Bill from NH

Age scrubs away speed!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,269 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 10:12 PM

Pete, I missed the orange car, with the blue stripes of Rodney's earlier today when I looked. It's chassis is quite unique. Would you know whether he built it himself?

Bill Fernald

I heard they weren't going to make yardsticks any longer.

#10 Pete L.

Pete L.

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,442 posts

Posted 04 August 2018 - 04:37 PM

Bill,

Yes, Rodney built it. He's built quite a few cars that he still owns and they do run well...

Attached Images

• DSCN7077.JPG
  • DSCN7075.JPG

Peter J. Linszky

#11 mdiv

mdiv

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 05 August 2018 - 01:59 AM

Great time Thursday night, guys.  Thank you for the write up and pictures, Pete.  Was great seeing everyone.

Mikey

Mike DiVuolo

"Prosecutors will be violated"

#12 sidejobjon

sidejobjon

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 07:11 PM

It was a fun night Pete.....I find that once I have a lane with power on it, I want to just run.........But, anybody into Aurora T-Jets knows the mystique behind the elusive “ Candy Mustangs”.....As you can see ,....I have a bunch of them.....Pete took a sampliing picture but, there are another 5 or 6 there hiding off to the sides.......One being an original blue car, the hardest one to find......One of those boxes is original and the others are my own re-pops......I have about 10 of them..........They’re pretty cool..........The story behind the Ford-Aurora Grand National is kind of long-winded so, chime in if you really need to know it.........again, great night and great running vintage cars........Thanks Jackie & Jerry..........Steve

Be cool if they had some room to put a HO track at race place. Your repo boxes are great thanks
Did you get a chance to make it to the printer for the tire tac? You are welcome to come over take some laps .
SJJ
John Falzarano

Electric Dreams Online Shop