5 replies to this topic

#1 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,661 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 11:32 AM

Recently Debby at Buena Park Raceway informed me that the body we have been using at the annual Nascar Boola Bash Enduro, the Electric Dreams Mercury Cyclone will no longer be available.  The SCRRA has decided to go with a couple of the JK Products Nascar type 4.5" series .010 thick bodies, the Chevy B125B, and the Ford B126B as replacements.  Other bodies in this series are available but the SCRRA has decided to keep it simple for now and go with just these 2 and Debby will have these in stock at BPR very soon!  JK Products also has these available in painted versions and this is the painted Ford B126BP.  I added the numbers and detail.

DSC06659.JPG

I ran this yesterday at BPR to compare to the Mercury Cyclone and basically there was ZERO difference in handling, performance and lap times.  It mounts easily and a big plus is that a rear body support is not necessary to eliminate the long rear body overhang of the Cyclone getting sucked in and wrapped up in the tires and gears!

If anyone still has any Mercury Cyclones and wishes to run them they will still be legal.  More to follow here ASAP with some rules details and the Boola Bash race announcement but once again, Debby will have these new bodies in stock shortly for the Nascar Enduro on October 27.  :)

#2 Tim Wilkins

Tim Wilkins

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 03:00 PM

Team Burro eye-balling new body styles............

Attached Images

• team burro.jpg

• tonyp and Eddie Fleming like this

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

#3 JimF

JimF

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 10:48 PM

FWIW, the JK 7352B is a clone of the ED body. I have some of each and they are indistinguishable to me.

Jim Fowler

#4 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,661 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 10:10 AM

FWIW, the JK 7352B is a clone of the ED body. I have some of each and they are indistinguishable to me.

Jim,

I just saw this......... I never got past the first page on the JK site when looking for a new 4.5" Nascar body!  JK sent me a couple of the B125B and B126B bodies as samples and they look great and work great and easy to mount.  I'll get one of these JK7352B .010 thick (B137B) bodies and check it out and if the same as the old Electric Dreams Mercury Cyclone these will also be legal in the upcoming Enduro.   Most of these JK Nascar type bodies also come painted for a great price.

Thanks for the heads up!!

#5 A. J. Hoyt

A. J. Hoyt

Race Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 09:25 AM

Racers, take note. With all the discussion of bodies and their relative competitiveness, these bodies seem to be CLEARLY inferior to the Mercury Cyclone at a glance but they are more like the modern stock cars and might create more "casual observer relevance" for people visiting the track.

Bryan is a trusted tester in my book. If he says the lap times and raceability are identical, I tend to believe him.

Great plan to phase the older "squished" Mercury bodies out if they are no longer available. It's a shame because I really liked that body, even flattened out the way it was, for high end racing.

Never complacent - striving to race to ever increasing levels of mediocrity!

The only thing I know about slot cars is if I had a good time when I leave the building! I can count the times I didn't on one hand!

Entitlement:
The notion that one can have their slot car racing and EAT IT, too!

Former Home Track - Slot Car Speedway and Hobbies
, Longmont, CO, Noteworthy for the 155' Hillclimb track featuring the THUNDER-DONUT - "Two men enter; one man leaves!"

#6 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,661 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 10:59 PM

AJ,

It was brought to my attention today that Outisight, as well as JK also has the Mercury Cyclone available, O/S part # 653.

Electric Dreams Online Shop