2 replies to this topic

#1 MSwiss

MSwiss

Grand Champion Poster

• IRRA National Director
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,622 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 07:22 AM

Last week Richard Payne and his wife Suzanne, from Modelville Hobby, paid me a visit.

20180904_194501.jpg

• Cheater, Pablo, Dominator and 1 other like this

Mike Swiss

Inventor of the Low CG guide flag 4/20/18
IRRA® Components Committee Chairman
Five-time USRA National Champion (two G7, one G27, two G7 Senior)
Two-time G7 World Champion (1988, 1990), eight G7 main appearances
Eight-time G7 King track single lap world record holder

17B West Ogden Ave., Westmont, IL 60559, (708) 203-8003, mikeswiss86@hotmail.com (also my PayPal address)

Note: Send all USPS packages and mail to: 692 Citadel Drive, Westmont, Illinois 60559

#2 Cheater

Cheater

Headmaster of the asylum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,545 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 10:45 AM

Now you need to return the favor, Mike. Modelville will blow you away...

Gregory Wells

Never forget that first place goes to the racer with the MOST laps, not the racer with the FASTEST lap

#3 A. J. Hoyt

A. J. Hoyt

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 11:29 AM

And, again, there are Chuck and Jim in the background.

I'm starting to think they are cardboard cut-outs and it's all a scam.

Interesting that Richard and Suzanne come to a slot car track when vacationing in Chicago.

I helped my sister move to Boston lots of years ago and got to race at Modelville three times while there. I doubt that there are any more dedicated friends of the hobby than Richard and the missus - always made me feel welcome and took great care of me.

Cheater is right, Mike - Modelville will blow your mind, especially if you can get Peter to give you a tour of the entire facility including the HO tracks behind closed doors! So much historical significance - like a museum to the best slot car racing ever was - preserved so well you can race on them! I bow to the Mecca of slot car racing twice daily.

• Cheater and NSwanberg like this

Sorry about the nerf. "Sorry? Sorry? There's no apologizing in slot car racing!" 

Besides, where would I even begin?   I should probably start with my wife ...

"I don't often get very many "fast laps" but I very often get many laps quickly." 

The only thing I know about slot cars is if I had a good time when I leave the building! I can count the times I didn't on one two three hands!

Former Home Track - Slot Car Speedway and Hobbies, Longmont, CO (now at Duffy's Raceway), Noteworthy for the 155' Hillclimb track featuring the THUNDER-DONUT - "Two men enter; one man leaves!"

Electric Dreams Online Shop