#1 Phil Hackett

Phil Hackett

Posting Leader

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,900 posts
  • Location:Was Silicon Beach Adjacent - Now the Playa District

Posted 09 September 2018 - 05:00 PM

These came to me from a relative... I thought I'd share before they hit the bit bucket.

Screen Shot 2018-07-02 at 3.37.14 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-02 at 3.41.28 PM.png

Click HERE to contact Sonic Products. The messenger feature on my Slotblog account has been disabled.

MACHINESIGN.JPG

#2 Pablo

Pablo

Builder

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,116 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 05:15 PM

Phil, as I was channel surfing yesterday I saw a curtain open on "Let's Make a Deal" for a non-stop air trip to Alaska all expenses paid. As part of the props they had a photo of a passport :yes3: We are doomed  ^_^

Paul Wolcott

#3 Phil Hackett

Phil Hackett

Posting Leader

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,900 posts
  • Location:Was Silicon Beach Adjacent - Now the Playa District

Posted 09 September 2018 - 06:18 PM

Phil, as I was channel surfing yesterday I saw a curtain open on "Let's Make a Deal" for a non-stop air trip to Alaska all expenses paid. As part of the props they had a photo of a passport :yes3: We are doomed  ^_^

Is LMAD still on or were you watching reruns? Don't laugh... there's a game show network and they *do* rerun old shows...

Click HERE to contact Sonic Products. The messenger feature on my Slotblog account has been disabled.

MACHINESIGN.JPG

#4 Pablo

Pablo

Builder

• Subscriber
  • 15,116 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 06:27 PM

I watch only free TV, so practically everything is re-runs.

If I'm going to watch junk, by gosh I'm getting it for free :laugh2:

People like that college student, you gotta wonder, how do they end up with a Master's degree? I have the answer: their spouse writes their thesis for them :dance3:

Paul Wolcott

#5 Steve Okeefe

Steve Okeefe

We're all mad here

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 07:50 PM

"Leonard Davin Chi" sounds like a computer voice-recognition conversion from voice to text.  My wife has that feature running on our land-line telephone service - it interprets voicemails, converts them to text messages and forwards them to her smartphone.  Some of them read like Martians trying to sell us vacations on Fhloston Paradise (but I'd have to get a Multi Pass!)

As for me, I keep my smartphone turned off except when I'm actually using it.  "It's my phone Mr. Secretary; sometimes I don't answer it at all".

Anyway, maybe Leonard comes from the country of Africa, and that's why we know so little about him.  Perhaps he is not only hot, but poor as well, which begs the question "Is there any correlation whatsoever between education and smarts?"

AI, anyone?  :hi:

#6 Bill from NH

Bill from NH

Age scrubs away speed!

• 10,813 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 09:43 PM

Steve, there is not always correlation between education & smarts. For instance, my own dad wasn't a high school graduate, yet he was able to start a company (an LP gas company) & run it successfully for years. On the other hand, I once worked for a person with a masters degree in business, yet the man didn't have enough common sense to come inside during a rainstorm. He's the same boss who once said during appraisals, "Next year, if the boss can't be rated as satisfactory, none of his engineers can be either." My response to his face was, "Herb, it's not my fault if you can't do your job."  A few months later, I accepted a relocation to NH.

Bill Fernald

I intend to live forever!  So far, so good.  :laugh2:  :laugh2: 

#7 Steve Okeefe

Steve Okeefe

We're all mad here

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 10:41 PM

Of course, Bill!  :good:  That was the point I was making (although in a round-about way); there is no direct correlation between education and smarts.

A person can have both, certainly; these attributes are not mutually exclusive.  Nor are they interdependent, as your examples clearly illustrate.

Unfortunately, a person can also have neither, as the "college student" subject of this thread seems to be demonstrating (presuming the story is true, of course). :laugh2:

Your relocation to NH appears to have been a smart move. :D

#8 Bill from NH

Bill from NH

Age scrubs away speed!

• 10,813 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 07:27 AM

Sometimes a college degree is nothing more than wallpaper.  :laugh2: I say that having one (not used much) & a daughter with three. :laugh2:

Yes, my move to NH was a smart move for more than one reason, but I'll never be a native. I'll always be a Mainiac. :)

Bill Fernald

I intend to live forever!  So far, so good.  :laugh2:  :laugh2: 

#9 Pablo

Pablo

Builder

• Subscriber
  • 15,116 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 10:45 AM

Here's a good one, Phil. A Furuno 1623 radar for small craft that also shows underwater hazards up to 1/8 mile deep :shok: :laugh2:

IMG_0290.JPG

You'd think before spending money on advertising space, they'd at least have somebody check it for accuracy first. Furuno makes great products but I wouldn't buy one from somebody that knows nothing about them.

Paul Wolcott

#10 Dave Crevie

Dave Crevie

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 02:18 PM

I dealt for over forty years with "papered" people who not only could not spell, but couldn't compose a formal letter. And

they were some of the last ones to accept E-mail with spell check.

Steve; It's pronounced "Mooltie Poss". And I am willing to sit and watch Milla Jovovich, standing half naked, pronounce it

any way she likes. 

Electric Dreams Online Shop