Photo

More info on the Boola Bash NASCAR Enduro bodies...

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 04:52 PM

Recently the SCRRA announced that it was allowing 2 new bodies for our yearly Boola Bash NASCAR Enduro coming up at the end of next month. The JK Chevy # B125B and the vitually identical JK Ford # B126B and BPR now has these bodies in stock. The old Mercury Cyclone is still legal and several racers have informed me of other comparable Mercury Cyclones which are available.  JK makes one and the number is B137B and the other is made by Outisight and the number is O/S 653. If you want to try these bodies you will have to get them from the manufacturers as Debby at BPR is ordering only the JK Chevy and Ford to keep it simple for only a yearly race.  Make sure any body you get is .010 thick or it will NOT be allowed. Even though the old Cyclone and the new JK's are very different in appearance, I ran some tests at BPR the other day with both bodies on the same car, back to back, and they both felt the same and handled great and the times were exactly the same!

P1170003.JPG

In the past we've allowed the Cyclone  (above)  to run a 1/2" spoiler on top of the small built in spoiler and the overall height of body and spoiler is about 1 9/16"  (1.562).............so, to keep things simple and the bodies comparable the new rule will be........."MAXIMUM Rear Body Height of 1 9/16" inclusive of spoiler when measured on a test block.  Spoilers may be as wide as the body."

P1160999.JPG

Here is a JK Ford with a small spoiler bringing the MAX height to 1 9/16".  As pictured here the rear may be cut out and the Cyclone may be cut out also.  The JK bodies can be mounted much higher than the maximum of 1 9/16" so keep this in mind.

P1170006.JPG

Interiors must be run and must fully cover all parts of the chassis when viewed from above and a 3D driver must be present.  I think BPR has Nascar and Drag interiors that work and Parma has all sorts to choose from. The car pictured here has a piece of .005 lexan for an interior with an F1 driver glued on.  Windows may NOT be cut out

More to follow shortly in the Boola Bash race announcement and if anyone has any questions please feel free to ask!   :)

• tonyp and Tim Neja like this

#2 Marco Carvalho

Marco Carvalho

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 03:55 AM

Bryan, any restriction on the front lip size and height? Thank you. 

Marco Carvalho

#3 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 11:14 AM

Marco,

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking about?............Here is a pic of the JK Ford I have mounted using the JK front cut line on the body as a guide.  You must be careful to allow ample room for the front tires and fender clearance when mounting (the same as on the Mercury Cyclone) but absolutely no problems if the front bumper is left long enough.  If you mount the front any lower than this you may have problems with the front wheels fouling the body.  If you follow the JK cut line on the sides, the body will have an extreme rake and will be higher than the allowed 1 9/16" so trim accordingly.   Tape reinforcement of the front is permitted but no front spoilers of any kind are allowed.  :)

P1040108.JPG

#4 Tim Neja

Tim Neja

Grand Champion Poster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 01:17 PM

Bryan,

Sounds like fun and the new bodies are completely different than the "slammed" Mercury.

She's real fine, my 409!!!

#5 Marco Carvalho

Marco Carvalho

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 02:23 PM

Thanks Bryan! 

Marco Carvalho

#6 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 04:10 PM

Bryan,

Sounds like fun and the new bodies are completely different than the "slammed" Mercury.

Tim,

Yes! Completely different!  The Mercury Cyclone is very slammed and very long and the JK bodies are much more to scale and a little shorter but both ran identical times and felt the same when I did some back to back tests at BPR recently.  Both are easy to mount but a good thing about the new JK's is that the shorter and stiffer rear end eliminates the need for a rear body brace that was necessary on the Cyclone.

I will start an Enduro sign up sheet here on Slotblog shortly........... :)

• Tim Neja likes this

#7 86ed once again

86ed once again

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 11:36 AM

Also looks like the jk bodies are newer style NASCAR type, not retro style.
James Grinstead
Five-time USRA Champion
TEAM KOFORD

#8 Tim Wood

Tim Wood

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 09:39 PM

Any suggestions for Gear Ratios. Damn Rookies! Thanks for the suggestions

Got it looked on last year Nascar Enduro. Thanks

#9 Tim Wilkins

Tim Wilkins

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 10:55 PM

2nd place last year - Team Burro ran 13/39 64 pitch

3rd place last year - Old Skool ran 13/38 64 pitch

Winner team Hi Tech last year - Don't believe anything they wrote down on their tech sheet  :laugh2:

• Mark Wampler likes this

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

#10 Mark Wampler

Mark Wampler

Grand Champion Poster

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,039 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 12:12 AM

Winner team Hi Tech last year - Don't believe anything they wrote down on their tech sheet  :laugh2:

Intrigue makes this race more interesting.  They don't want to give away all their secrets :D

You can quote me.

-Mark

#11 bbr

bbr

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 01:38 AM

Fake tech sheet? Lol

Robert and I was testing. Last week the chassis was evil in a bad way. We did some analyzing and Robert made the modification and now the chassis is good. So Mike and Tim we have a good car thats nice to drive.

Roy and Chuck were also testing and breaking in motors.

Our team is the rookie team as I don't believe any of the team has done the Boola enduro before. Think it will be fun, but I will let you know afterwards, ha ha. The chassis feels good, Robert did a fine job of building it.
  • Tim Wood likes this
Mike Low
Cry like a baby, drive like a girl, walk like a man.
Give me enough rope and I'll build a fast car... or hang myself?

#12 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 01:07 PM

Mike,

I saw the Nascar chassis that Bob Ahulii made......absolutely AWESOME!   Mill told me he drive it and it runs GREAT!

As you guys are running this event for the first time please keep in mind that tech will start at 9 AM sharp and the track will also be turned off at this time.  We have the F1 race following the Enduro so we hope to get started by 9:30 and we've never had a problem as everyone has kept things moving along smartly.    Be Ready!      See you this weekend!  :good:

#13 86ed once again

86ed once again

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 03:21 PM

Fake tech sheet? Really tim!!!!!!
James Grinstead
Five-time USRA Champion
TEAM KOFORD

#14 Tim Wilkins

Tim Wilkins

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 05:25 PM

Must have been the 20 tooth pinion that gave it away  :victory:

Attached Images

• Tech Sheet Bandits.jpg

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Electric Dreams Online Shop