• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Daytonaman

Daytonaman

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 08:22 AM

I remember surfing the topics on another board last week and seeing where the old Revell and Monogram injection molds have been sold to an American company that is planning to manufacture these soon. A lot has been going on this past week and I forgot how to get back to it. 

Does anyone know of this?
John Forrester

#2 Mattb

Mattb

Checkered Flag in Hand

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 08:25 AM

I think there was also some kind of deal with Revell Germany last year.   Not sure what was included in the Germany deal, but I seem to remember it included certain molds. I don't have a clear recollection of what that deal was about.
Matt Bishop

Vintage Cox Slot Cars

#3 bradblohm

bradblohm

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 09:10 AM

Atlantis buys Revell toolings – update
  • Mattb and C. J. Bupgoo like this
Brad Blohm

#4 Daytonaman

Daytonaman

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 11:24 AM

Thanks Brad for the link!

John Forrester

#5 Mattb

Mattb

Checkered Flag in Hand

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 11:59 AM

Not sure if this has much interest to slot car guys, but who knows what might be stuck away.    I assume REH owns the old Revell track molds.

Matt Bishop

Vintage Cox Slot Cars

#6 bradblohm

bradblohm

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 06:23 PM

I've already sent an email to Atlantis detailing the Monogram molds for slot cars that were never re-released as models over the years.  If they still existed they would have been buried in Elk Grove Village.
  • cdtanner likes this
Brad Blohm

#7 Mattb

Mattb

Checkered Flag in Hand

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 07:15 PM

Brad, what would it be?   The Lotus 38, the 1/32 F1 cars,   The 1/32 Ford GT and a couple other 1/32 cars.   Maybe the track molds and the track side buildings?   The Mclaren Elva and Chap 2?       Is there anything else?

Matt Bishop

Vintage Cox Slot Cars

#8 bradblohm

bradblohm

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 12:50 PM

Ford GT Roadster!!!  Best version made, in my opinion!  Also asked about the vacform bucks for Vampire, Snake, and Assassin, or their other vac sports cars.

• Pete L. likes this
Brad Blohm

#9 MG Brown

MG Brown

Grand Champion Poster

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,821 posts
  • Location:The Land of Lincoln, where governors make the license plates.

Posted 18 September 2018 - 08:03 AM

The NASCAR model tooling has been re-sold to Salvino's JR models who plan at least one re-release before the end of 2018.

Initial news release follows:

"VERY BIG NEWS!

You may have read some very big news from Atlantis Model Co. that they have purchased a considerable portion of the molds for Revell, Monogram, and some of the other Hobbico owned companies from Revell Germany that were stored in Revell’s Elk Grove, IL warehouse. Well, we were fortunate enough to work out arrangements with Pete and Rick of Atlantis Model Co. and Salvinos J R Models are now the proud owners and guardians of the entire catalog of Revell and Monogram’s American made stock car molds from 1980 through the 1990s! In the very near future we will be adding these kits into our catalog with new drivers, new decals and some updated bodies to go on these platforms.

Of course, these kits will not replace our original designs, we will continue to produce as many original Salvinos J R Models kits as we had previously planned, but these will be supplemental and will continue to supply American made model kits to the collectors! We would very much like to thank Pete and Rick of Atlantis Model Co. for giving us this opportunity to serve the stock car model community of builders.

Don't forget we will be releasing our 1974 and 1977 original Monte Carlo designs in October and another new kit coming in December.

If you haven’t yet, you should order your Donnie Allison Oldsmobile kits, we have about 25% of the run left and we should be shipping about the third week of September.

Thanks!

Rick and Jim"

"I'm just here for the entertainment." George Carlin

Electric Dreams Online Shop