• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Bill Fek

Bill Fek

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 07:26 PM

Hi All, Billy Mac Donald from the Trenton NJ area passed away this past September. I did not know this man, but a friend of mine was a friend of the family. They had called 1800got junk to empty his apartment and since i had an interest in slot cars he told the family i would come by and take the slot stuff before the junk guys got it.

I have rescued his collection which is over 800 t-jet/AFX cars as well as 5 pit boxes of 1/24 and 1/32 cars and parts i am still sifting through.

I did find a 1974-75 HOPRA-East schedule which had his address as hosting a formula-1 race in January 75 as well as can am/gt in June. Also said to contact Dave Steinberg of Glen Oaks NY for more info, and a few old Propaganda News from 1973 and 1974 which is a crude old newsletter and some others.

if anyone knows of Billy pass the info along and if someone wants a copy of any of this old paperwork let me know, i can copy and email of post it on the site if there is any interest.

this has renewed my interest and too cool to keep and not be seen by other like minded people.

Thanks

Bill Fek

Bill Fek

#2 Bill from NH

Bill from NH

Age scrubs away speed!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,701 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 09:10 PM

Bill, post some of the paperwork on here. Photos of some of his slot cars would be of interest too. I never met Billy, but I used to come across his name in some of the old race reports, maybe some of the old issues of S.A.R.N. too.

Bill Fernald

"I'm not short, I'm just down to earth."

#3 brucefl

brucefl

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:18 PM

I would appreciate seeing his collection and anything that you could post even the note to David steinberg(I was friends with David,if I saw a photo of Billy I might recognize him by face,I raced at their home tracks in glen oaks,I dont remember the name billy macdonald.

Thanks for rescuing the memories in his collection and historical written material,it makes me feel my childhood is brought to the front of my life in a tangible way.

Bruce Schwartz

#4 brucefl

brucefl

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:24 PM

I might have interest in some of the items you have if they are something I remember when he raced with us at glen oaks or at our home HO tracks,and maybe his slot boxes,if you are interested in selling,let me know,thanks Bill.

Bruce Schwartz

#5 Bill Fek

Bill Fek

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 12:33 PM

i will post some soon, might have the last name spelled wrong, i was looking at a Car Model mag from Jan 1972 in with the paperwork and the spelling was McDonald in an article written by Sal Lucania on Racing East, the mag was folded to the article. but the pit boxes say billy mac

Bill Fek

#6 sidejobjon

sidejobjon

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:44 PM

Bill,

Please do post pictures HO cars parts & Hopra race info from NJ.See my post in swap if you want to trade any HO for 1/24.

I am also from NJ

TQ

John Falzarano

Electric Dreams Online Shop