5 replies to this topic

#1 SlowBeas

SlowBeas

Troublesome De-slotter

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 11:37 AM

The Doghouse Gang gathered for another monthly race on Dec. 22 -- although it had been a few months since we'd been able to pull everyone together. Finally, most everyone was back in town and ready to compete once again.

This time, the gathered criminals were:

The Gang.jpg

David Erickson, Richard Sylvester, Dan Parker, Jim Beasley, Marty Cwiakala

We selected Can-Am racing for December. We utilized standard IRRA rules for the most part, but we allowed other motors, as well. All cars must meet accepted design standards. The lineup was strong:

The Lineup.jpg

From the top down -- Marty, Dan, Richard, David, Jim

On this particular Saturday, the Beasley tuning fork was able to hold off a charge from Richard. The results:

Totals.jpg

The winning car setup:

Winning Car.jpg

Our December race, by the way, followed our annual Doghouse Gang gathering of The Usual Suspects at a local eatery to dine, party and put ourselves in the Holiday spirit. Plus, we bring along the wives, which ensures the guys mind their manners:

The Usual Suspects.jpg

From The Doghouse Gang to yours, we wish you a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, or whatever observance fits you. In other words, Happy Holidays...and good racing!

• mjsh likes this
Jim Beasley
South Carolina, USA

"Assuming either the Left Wing or the Right Wing gained control of the country, it would probably fly around in circles."
- Pat Paulsen, 1968
"I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol."
- Steven Wright ca. 1983

#2 Dan

Dan

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 02:01 PM

Definitely a cast of characters! Of which i am a member. Best wishes to for the holidays!

Dan Parker
  • SlowBeas and Rick Crutchfield like this
Dan Parker

#3 Bob Arneson

Bob Arneson

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 04:31 PM

Keith, John, and I weren't there for the December race.  The older guys asked us to by-pass this race so other folks would have a chance to win.  Being the Christmas season and all, we three stayed away.  Hum, maybe there are even more "three wise men."

Best wishes at all Slot Bloggers everywhere and I hope you have the best Christmas season ever.

Bob Arneson

• SlowBeas likes this

#4 Pablo

Pablo

Builder

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,127 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 04:40 PM

WTG, Jim :sun_bespectacled: :good:  Tell me you built your own chassis and it will be the best news ever for me

• SlowBeas likes this
Paul Wolcott

#5 SlowBeas

SlowBeas

Troublesome De-slotter

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 05:56 PM

The chassis in the pic is one that I built. I love building from scratch. Just brass strips and piano wire, measured and cut. I prefer total scratchbuilt over kit cars, although I have nothing against kits. Sometimes, my handiwork is neater than others -- depending on how complicated I make the build. Simpler construction looks neatest.

But the chassis I've built over the last few years have been pretty fast, including the one in the photo above. I built a F1 for Richard that screams. In fact, it might be better than the one that I built for myself.

Still...I'm no Pablo!  :D

Merry Christmas, my friend. I hope it's a very special one for you and yours.

jb

Oh, BTW...in case you couldn't tell, that's me on the left, Dan on the right, all the way in the back of the pic against the wall. We were banished to the far end of the table for Christmas dinner.

Jim Beasley
South Carolina, USA

"Assuming either the Left Wing or the Right Wing gained control of the country, it would probably fly around in circles."
- Pat Paulsen, 1968
"I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol."
- Steven Wright ca. 1983

#6 Pablo

Pablo

Builder

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,127 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 06:15 PM

:D  :good: :good: :good:

• SlowBeas likes this