• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 old & gray

old & gray

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 09:21 AM

A man calls home and his young daughter answers the phone. “Can I talk to mommy?” he asks.

“She’s busy right now.” His daughter says.

"What is she doing” he asks.

“Uncle Paul came to visit, then he and mommy when upstairs to the bedroom”.

“You don’t have an Uncle Paul.” “I do now” replies his daughter.

Pause.

“Here’s what I want you to do” says Dad “Go upstairs, knock on the bedroom door, tell mommy daddy’s car

just pulled in the driveway, then tell me what happens.”

Long Pause.

Little daughter comes back to phone. “Well mommy jumped out of bed with no clothes on and ran around the room crying. Uncle Paul jumped out of bed, grabbed his cloths, and climbed out the window onto the roof. Then he jumped into the pool, but I don’t think he knew you drained the pool to clean it. He isn’t moving, I think he’s dead.”

Long Pause … Longer Pause.

“We have a pool in the backyard?” “Yeah.”

“Is this 555-2341?” “No.”

“Sorry wrong number”

• Hack and C. J. Bupgoo like this
Bob Schlain

#2 Dave Crevie

Dave Crevie

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,834 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 02:38 PM

Somehow I have a feeling that might have actually happened sometime in history. One time I got a call from a woman asking

for Patty. I said there was no Patty here. She said "Sorry, wrong number". A minute later, the phone rang again. It was the

same woman looking for Patty. I told her she had the wrong number again. Another minute passed and the phone rang

again. Same woman. I asked her what number she was calling. "I don't know" she answered, "I just push 'Patty" on my cell

phone". So I told her she had the wrong number for Patty programmed into her phone. She asked, "Well, doesn't the phone

know that?" Yeesh! I guess her smart phone wasn't quite smart enough.  

• NSwanberg likes this

#3 Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,289 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 04:05 PM

Reminds me of the the old one where the guy says to his friend " Some moron thinks my house is the gosh dern weather station. He calls here all the time and wants to know if the coast is clear " :D

Joe Lupo

#4 Mike Patterson

Mike Patterson

Village Luddite™

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 10:49 AM

Back in my younger days before caller ID, we would call a number and ask for Bob. After repeating this 4 or 5 times (same number), we'd call back and say, "This is Bob. Have I had any calls?"

Another fun activity ruined by technology. :D

• Jesse Gonzales likes this

"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

#5 Dave Crevie

Dave Crevie

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,834 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 12:19 PM

Yeah. We did that as teenagers. We also would call the local smoke shop and ask, " Do you have Prince Albert in the can?" When

the person answered in the affirmative, we would tell him, "Then let him out". Or call a random number, and announce that we were

the local appliance store. We would ask if their refrigerator was running. If they said yes, we would tell them they had better catch

it before it got away. Being that we were on party lines back then, we quite often would get caught.  

#6 Phil Hackett

Phil Hackett

Posting Leader

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,898 posts
  • Location:Was Silicon Beach Adjacent - Now the Playa District

Posted 19 January 2019 - 02:02 AM

Having a very similar name as a nationally known fast food chain, Sonic Products occasionally gets calls regarding orders for and comments about the quality of the food obtained. One particular call was from a very irate male customer who wished to impart physical action against the manager of the store who had sold him the less than delicious and sterile nurishment. He was so angry that he refused to accept that he had the wrong Sonic on the phone. I never heard if there was an assault at a fast food outlet.....

Click HERE to contact Sonic Products. The messenger feature on my Slotblog account has been disabled.

MACHINESIGN.JPG

#7 Pablo

Pablo

Builder

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,092 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 03:21 PM

Sonic, can I please talk to Phil? This chili dog is rancid!  :diablo: :dash2: :D

• Jesse Gonzales likes this
Paul Wolcott

Electric Dreams Online Shop