Photo

2019 Checkpoint Cup wrap-up and some thanks...

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 06:57 PM

The 2019 Checkpoint Cup is in the books and the SCRRA wishes to thank all the racers, who came from near and far, for their attendance and support which made this years Checkpoint one of the most exciting and action filled in memory!  :good:

Congrats Duran Trujillo with victories in Retro Coupe, F1 Flat track and Retro Pro and his dominating run in the Coupe race with a new track record of 323 was spectacular!  :victory:

Equally spectacular was Marco Carvalho's totally unexpected but well deserved victory in Can Am!  Marco put in a lot of time and effort in the weeks leading to the race and was Top Qualifier to boot!  Congrats Marco and awesome run!  :good:

Congrats Sam Rackham on a runaway victory in F1 and great drive Mill Conroy to 2nd in the same race who didn't have an off!  :victory:

Super weekend by Dale Yamashita and Alex Freund with 2 podium appearances each!  :good:

Great drives by Bill Vanderziel and Gary Donahoe in Retro Coupe to both come from the B Main and battle for podium spots!  :victory:

Bob Scott made 4 move ups in Can Am and Craig Correia made 4 in F1! 

Solid runs in F1 by John Cukras, John Wakamatsu, Dennis Samson and an awesome run by Mike Low in F1! 

Congrats Rick Dodge on an A Main Can Am Qualifying sit-out and Rick had great looking cars in all classes! 

The SCRRA wishes to thank everyone that helped out in any way to make the weekend the success that it was!.........Earl McCutcheon,  Jim Lane,  Marc Franco,  Dennis Samson,  Mill Conroy,  Sam Rackham,  Bill Vanderziel,  Alex Freund,  Jason Holmes,  Mike Low,  Terry Schmid and anyone else who helped out in any way!     A special thanks to Sam Rackham for his efforts and help in rebraiding some areas on the King track in the days before the race.  Thanks Sam!  :good:

We wish to thank all of our past and present Checkpoint sponsors........Parma,  Alpha,  JK,  Edge,  Samson Classics,  Electric Dreams,  Racemasters,  DR Controllers,  Warmack Racing,  Hi Tech,  IRD,  V-Tech,  Mill Conroy and Mission Trail Insurance.  We all wish Paul Pfeiffer the best for a full recovery from his recent health issues and many thanks again Paul for your longtime Checkpoint support!  :good:

Thanks Eddie at BPR for all the thankless time you put in getting the tracks prepped and the conditions were once again super!  Thanks Jim and Debby at BPR! 

P1180831.JPG

Thanks Jairus Watson, Nesta Szabo and Kathy Mitome for the usual GREAT Checkpoint poster!

P1180644.JPG

P1180739.JPG

Till next year...........Next big SCRRA race will be the Zimmerman "Festival of Speed" in April. See you there!  :good:

• Mike K, Tex, Tim Neja and 13 others like this

#2 Bill from NH

Bill from NH

Age scrubs away speed!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,140 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 08:19 PM

I may have overlooked his name, but did Nesta participate in any of the Checkpoint Cup races?

Bill Fernald

"I'm not short, I'm just down to earth."

#3 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 10:34 PM

I may have overlooked his name, but did Nesta participate in any of the Checkpoint Cup races?

Bill,

Nesta generally only runs Can Am on Saturday at the Checkpoint.  He ran in the E Main.

#4 Tom Eatherly

Tom Eatherly

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 11:17 PM

Bryan, Bill is gonna get you for that pic! Oh boy! :laugh2:

Tom Eatherly

#5 Bill from NH

Bill from NH

Age scrubs away speed!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,140 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 11:23 PM

Thanks Bryan. I found his car, a photo of him next to Cukras while marshaling, & the E main lineup. He's gotten a new hair style since I last saw him, so I overlooked these, I guess. :laugh2:

Bill Fernald

"I'm not short, I'm just down to earth."

#6 Roy Lievanos

Roy Lievanos

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 12:19 AM

Thanks Bryan. I found his car, a photo of him next to Cukras while marshaling, & the E main lineup. He's gotten a new hair style since I last saw him, so I overlooked these, I guess. :laugh2:

I met Nesta during pre race practice. I bumped him in the finger when he was off and he turned politely looked at me and said "Nice to meet you" lol.
  • Tim Wilkins likes this
2017 Western States " Retro Hawk F class " Champion
2017 USRA Div 1 Nats " F class " Champion
Thank you John and Dee Hale -Santa Ana Raceway circa 1968

#7 John Gorski

John Gorski

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 07:02 AM

Awesome work on the Reports & Pictures Bryan Thanks! Congrates to all the Racers & Winners!! :good:  :clapping:  :victory:

John Gorski, Jr.

Home of the Gorski Double-Micro Controller

#8 Marco Carvalho

Marco Carvalho

Backmarker

• PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 10:05 PM

Thank you Bryan for putting this incredible event together. Jim and Debbie for hosting it. 

Marco Carvalho

#9 usadar

usadar

Checkered Flag in Hand

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 02:32 AM

Congratulations, Marco!!
I am very impressed by your dedication to slot car racing.
I hope I will race with you at BPR.
Haruki
  • Marco Carvalho likes this
Haruki Kan
Retro Tokyo
Retro Tokyo
Retro Tokyo on Facebook

Where do we go from here: chaos or community?

#10 kuni123456

kuni123456

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 09:53 PM

I want to thank all of the people who made the race possible and especially John Cukras and Bryan Warmack.

• Marco Carvalho and Tim Wilkins like this
John K. Wakamatsu

Electric Dreams Online Shop