7 replies to this topic

#1 MG Brown

MG Brown

Grand Champion Poster

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,757 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 09:54 AM

A Go Fund Me campaign has been started to raise money to have a memorial for "Sano" Dave Fiedler included in the final Last Open Road book authored by Burt "B.S." Levy.

Screen Shot 2019-03-27 at 9.56.00 AM.png  

Sano Dave Small.jpg
(book 2 cover shown)

Author and motorsports columnist “B.S.” Levy has won a number of awards for his books which are based on actual events that happened in the world of motorsports in the 1950s (first series) and the 1960s (second series). The genre inserts fictional characters into painstakingly-researched historical situations. You can read more about Burt HERE.

The forthcoming book, titled The 200 MPH Steamroller - Assault on 4 O'clock is based on Ford's duel with Ferrari at LeMans 1966 and is expected to be published in the first quarter of 2020 by Think Fast Ink.

More information about the forthcoming book and also about the other books and products in the Last Open Road series can be found on the Think Fast Ink website. 

This memorial will be printed in each of the copies of this book and will be a permanent remembrance of fellow slot car racer David Fiedler.

The link to the Go Fund Me campaign is HEREThrough Project X Racing LLC. I will match each dollar contributed to this campaign up to $500.

Everyone who can is welcomed to participate-  if you can only contribute a small amount, it is appreciated.

If we reach or exceed our goal of $250, a contributor will be selected at random by Burt Levy to receive a personally autographed copy of the first “Last Open Road” book courtesy of Project X Racing.

Dave knew Burt Levy and owned all of the first series of books which were autographed, or as Burt likes to say, "personally defaced."

Thank you to everyone for your attention and your generosity.

• Tex, Samiam and glueside like this
That's thirty minutes away. I'll be there in ten.

#2 MG Brown

MG Brown

Grand Champion Poster

• Administrator
  • 7,757 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 06:36 PM

Thank You to everyone who was interested in and contributed to this project.

We have fallen far short of our goal and those who contributed will have their money refunded to them in the next few days.

#3 MG Brown

MG Brown

Grand Champion Poster

• Administrator
  • 7,757 posts

Posted 18 November 2021 - 07:54 PM

Some time ago I asked for donations to create a permanent memorial for David "Sano Dave" Fiedler. We fell short of the $$ that we needed and all of the donations were refunded. Thank you from the bottom of my heart to those who responded to the request for donations

I wanted to let the slot racing community know that because of a special deal made with the author, Burt "B.S." Levy, we were able to have the memorial for Dave included in the latest "Last Open Road" series book "The 200 mph Steamroller - Out Of The Mist."

OOTM Cover.jpg

Dave Memorial.jpg

If you or someone that you know that is a petrol head would like a great book to read, the books in the series are available at:

The Last Open Road - Finzio's Store

(I am not associated with the store other than as a customer and reader of the author's works.)

As I mentioned it is a series of books and for maximum benefit of course it is best to start with book number one and move forward through the series. Having said that, this is America and if you want to just buy the book with the memorial for Dave, that is your perogie.

If you do buy any of the books in the series, please understand that you are purchasing from a self-published author of historically correct motor racing fiction that was rejected by all of the major publishing companies. The good news is that since taking the financial risk and challenge of self-publishing, (and I might add, taking the time to hawk these books at many major motor racing events and shows since then) has won many awards and sold hundreds of thousands of copies of their books. Perhaps more importantly, supporting an independent author gives us great and entertaining stories to enjoy which otherwise would be impossible.

I am told by the author that the "200 mph Steamroller" series will conclude with an untitled and still in progress book number 4 sometime in the future.

I cannot remember who created the painting of Dave used in the memorial but I hope that they will forgive me for using it, as I felt it captured what needed to be said. If you are unfamiliar with the painting (which was at Dave's memorial service), it has a silhouette of Dave with his slot car box in one hand and a controller in the other.

• Ramcatlarry, PCH Parts Express and glueside like this

#4 Cheater

Cheater

Headmaster of the asylum

• Root Admin
  • 25,546 posts

Posted 18 November 2021 - 08:18 PM

I cannot remember who created the painting of Dave used in the memorial but I hope that they will forgive me for using it as I felt it captured what needed to be said.

Mick,

I am reasonably certain that the painting was created by Steve Koepp.
  • Rob Voska likes this

Gregory Wells

Never forget that first place goes to the racer with the MOST laps, not the racer with the FASTEST lap

#5 RodneyZ

RodneyZ

Mid-Pack Racer

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 18 November 2021 - 08:39 PM

Yes, it was Steve.

Rodney Ziemek

#6 MG Brown

MG Brown

Grand Champion Poster

• Administrator
  • 7,757 posts

Posted 18 November 2021 - 08:52 PM

I am reasonably certain that the painting was created by Steve Koepp.

Well, I guess I owe him an adult beverage or coffee sometime.

#7 Cheater

Cheater

Headmaster of the asylum

• Root Admin
  • 25,546 posts

Posted 18 November 2021 - 09:03 PM

I PM'd Steve to ask him to confirm that was his artwork.

Gregory Wells

Never forget that first place goes to the racer with the MOST laps, not the racer with the FASTEST lap

#8 Rob Voska

Rob Voska

Checkered Flag in Hand

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 19 November 2021 - 05:24 AM

I miss Sano Dave and think of him often. 

• Mike K and Ramcatlarry like this

Electric Dreams Online Shop