5 replies to this topic

#1 Cheater

Cheater

Headmaster of the asylum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,688 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 08:07 PM

This is not new but is interesting nonetheless. With subtitles...

• havlicek, ajd350 and C. J. Bupgoo like this

Gregory Wells

Never forget that first place goes to the racer with the MOST laps, not the racer with the FASTEST lap

#2 Jesse Gonzales

Jesse Gonzales

On The Lead Lap

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 08:31 PM

Nice video but he has not answered my email asking how much for the whole thing. I've been looking for one and was even doing research to build one. There is another guy in SA that has his own "black box" unit but he too has not responded to the how much inquiry.

Jesse Gonzales

#3 havlicek

havlicek

OCD Rewinder

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,808 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 05:52 AM

This guy has even more "stuff" than I do!  :)

Anyway, I think you linked to this video before Greg... or someone did, and it's a very cool thing.  He has obviously worked out his own system, and has the intuition and experience to know how much to remove and from where.  It all points to two things:

1)  Whoever is doing the balancing (and in his case, the shaft-straightening also) will be working within their own spec/level of acceptability. There may be some (!?) who try to get the arms as close to their machine's limit as possible for every arm, but I think most try to get to an "acceptable" level of balance... a personal spec. or tolerance.  So all balancing is not all the same, the guy doing the work matters!

2)  As in a lot of slots-related work, there's a bunch of homegrown techniques and tooling involved. This guy is cool.

:)

John Havlicek

#4 SerfProd

SerfProd

Backmarker

• PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 02:05 PM

I got mine through Red Fox Gugu. Madlya also has a tutorial online.
Mike Blevins

#5 Mr. M

Mr. M

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:29 PM

I used to race with a guy that I regularly had covered with my G27 motors. All the sudden he is pulling me down the chute by several feet all the time. After much arm twisting he came clean that he bonded with one of the factory guys and was now getting the super tune on balancing. It seemed to have made a difference. Very interesting post with lots of good insight,
Chris McCarty

#6 Mr. M

Mr. M

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted Today, 07:26 AM

Without revealing anything proprietary, does this method and hardware compare to commercial balancers used by the usual reconditioning services?
Chris McCarty

Electric Dreams Online Shop