#1 Pete L.

Pete L.

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,687 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 06:56 PM

Fellas,

The C.A.R.S. Vintage Slot Car Club meets next Thursday May 2, 2019 7:30 PM at The Race Place in Farmingdale,  NJ.

If you're following along with our monthly themes, this month slot car stuff starting with the letter "M" for the month of MAY.

Peter J. Linszky

C.A.R.S. Vintage Slot Car Club

#2 Pete L.

Pete L.

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,687 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 08:29 AM

B.U.M.P.

Peter J. Linszky

#3 sportblazer350

sportblazer350

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 08:59 AM

i'll be there. finishing car projects including a few more hardbody cars. 

• Pete L. likes this

Glenn Orban
NJ Vintage Racing
NJ Scale Racing

#4 eggsplurt

eggsplurt

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 06:43 AM

Hey.....I’ll be missing you guys tonight. Got a couple of new hard-bodies I put together too. But, my friend John might be showing up. If he does, I think you will enjoy his very cool cars......Have Fun!.....
Steve Drucker

#5 mdiv

mdiv

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,130 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 04:24 PM

Hey guys sorry I missed last night, was sick as a dog yesterday.  Bleh.  Hope to see you guys at Dom's on the 11th.

Mikey

• Pete L. likes this

Mike DiVuolo

"Prosecutors will be violated"

#6 sportblazer350

sportblazer350

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 04 May 2019 - 10:21 AM

Another fun night at the C.A.R.S. Vintage Slot Car Club. Here are some pictures:

IMG_1454.JPG

IMG_1455.JPG

these are John's (Steves's friend) cars, all hardbody cars with various vintage to newer chassis as well as a few vintage cars, including a Cox Cuc. Great grouping of classic hot rods and customs. Hope to have John on the track at one of our upcoming vintage races. 

IMG_1456.JPG

a few cars from Pa Glenn's (the "other" Glenn :) )  collection. As always, Glenn brings rare color combination cars and mint in box cars to show.  I especially like the Cox Matador, which after seeing that, makes me want to add a few of these Cox boxed cars to my collection. 

IMG_1457.JPG

IMG_1458.JPG

and Rodney's custom builds. All are either vintage chassis and parts or scratch built with various vintage parts and bodies. Rodney's cars are always well built and look great. 

Se you all at the June meeting. 

• Pete L. and Peter Horvath like this

Glenn Orban
NJ Vintage Racing
NJ Scale Racing

#7 Pete L.

Pete L.

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,687 posts

Posted 04 May 2019 - 04:14 PM

Glenn,

Sorry I didn't make May's meeting, looks as though you guys had quite a few New/Old cars on the tables including the HO scale stuff.     Really nice to see John's line up of vintage slot cars. That Dynamic chassis has lots of possibilities as far as body style choices, I know that OUTASITE has a Can-Am style body currently available that was actually offered on that chassis back in the day.

Pennsy Glenn's Matador collection is really something else. I never knew COX made a Matador...of course the race cars, no matter what scale are my favs! We have to schedule a get together up at TRAINS & LANES one of these days. They have a really cool Tri oval that I once raced on back in the 1990's.

I see that the Can-Am cars are multiplying, they're one of my favorite class of race car. I hope you plan a vintage Can-Am style race soon using those brass/wire chassis that we have.

Rodney's white PORSCHE in the last photo is really cool, great job on all those panel lines. I especially like the orange tires on the car ! Looks like a true Murder's Row Line-up there ! I like that green Kellison GT, I've always wanted one, maybe I'll get to it this year ?  

I want to thank Jersey Glenn for the great photos and for all of his efforts in staging the vintage races for the group !!!

Peter J. Linszky

#8 sportblazer350

sportblazer350

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 06:27 AM

Pete, my pleasure to part of all things vintage. Yes i plan two different classes for the near future to race: 36D anglewinders using any production chassis, and the late 60's/early 70's Can-Am cars. For this class i am trying to find a good source of new small can motors that we can use, something a bit lower in power than the motors we use in Retro Jaildoor, as i don't want us to wreck the older chassis. 

• Pete L. likes this

Glenn Orban
NJ Vintage Racing
NJ Scale Racing

#9 sizzlerdom

sizzlerdom

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 09:11 PM

Will there be a Cars ,metting June 6 ? no talk about it ? Dom and Jimmy will be there....hope some guys show up ..
Dominick Roselli
Dom's Raceway

#10 Pete L.

Pete L.

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,687 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 09:29 AM

Dom,

Yes, look under June 6 CARS Meeting.

Peter J. Linszky