• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 crazyphysicsteacher

crazyphysicsteacher

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 05:17 PM

Okay, so I am here getting ready to cut the body to mount a T70 Lola coupe and I don't want to just try and find the cut line. What height does everyone cut the body to?

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

Chris Wendel
Silver Side Down Racing
Silver Side Down Graphics

​The Race Place Retro Crew member

"Failure teaches way more than success. It shows what does not work and what to never do again, again..." 🙊🙈🙉  

#2 Dominator

Dominator

Posting Leader

• IRRA National Director
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 07:54 PM

Measure 1-3/16" at the rear from the top and leave about 3/32" at the bumper (this is just under the cut line at the nose).

Cut the rear of the body out leaving 3/16" from the top of the molded wing down. Use a piece of tape along the sides to get a close as possible straight line. I don't use the JK body cutting on these or the NN Ti22 as these bodies have too many curve that will end with a uneven line. I continue the cut line along the nose (just below the molded cut line).

Place the body on a flat block and adjust your cut line until the body is sitting level and you have a clean edge.

Place a chassis with the wheels off the block (a recessed block for wheels and guide are best) and place the body over it. Square the body to the chassis. Assuming you are using one of the elongated red fox guides the body should be placed 1/8-3/16" ahead of the guide. I usually have 3 coupes with me when testing at both these increments as well as 1/4".

This isn't the only way that works but it's worked well for me so far.
  • DOCinCanton, crazyphysicsteacher and SpeedyNH like this

A motor is only as fast as the chassis it's in.

Dominic Luongo
Like Dominator Custom Chassis on Facebook

NERR photos from 2012-April 2016
NERR photos from 2016 to now

#3 crazyphysicsteacher

crazyphysicsteacher

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 08:15 PM

Thanks Dom.
I just needed the rear. I always leave extra on the nose so I can trim the body to the track.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

Chris Wendel
Silver Side Down Racing
Silver Side Down Graphics

​The Race Place Retro Crew member

"Failure teaches way more than success. It shows what does not work and what to never do again, again..." 🙊🙈🙉  

Electric Dreams Online Shop