2 replies to this topic

#1 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 12:42 PM

Summers upon us and the 2019 Summer Western Classic at Buena Park Raceway is just around the corner, coming up next month!  As usual for all the major SCRRA races it will be on the 4th weekend of the month and will take place on July 26th, 27th, and 28th. We will again be using the same racing schedule and format as this years Checkpoint Cup with 5 retro races on two tracks over the course of the 3 day weekend. 

On Friday, July 26 the SWC will kick off with Retro Anglewinder Coupe on the tricky BPR Flat track and tech inspection will open at 9:30 AM.  The 2nd race of the day will be F1, also on the Flat track with tech inspection opening approximately one hour after the completion of the Coupe race.  The final race of the day will be Retro Pro on the BPR super fast King track with tech inspection beginning at about 6 PM.

Saturday will bring the feature race of the weekend, Can Am on the King track and we will once again be using the usual major race handout motor format, the same as at the Checkpoint, with a maximum of (3) JK Hawk Retro motors available to each racer. All motors will be marked and numbered and racers MUST run the motors they were issued at sign up.  BPR will open at 7 AM and tech will open at about 10:30 AM to accommodate motor break-in.  Since this is a major SCRRA event all bodies will be checked for thickness and weight and all bodies must weigh a minimum of 5.5 grams including interior. Any body found to be too light will be ballasted as necessary or changed.

The final event of the 2019 Summer Western Classic will be F1 on the King track with tech inspection beginning at 10 AM.  No handout motors in F1 and Can Am will be the only class using the hand-out Hawks.  All other classes will be using the normal SCRRA rules governing motors.

The SCRRA will make an announcement shortly concerning sponsors, etc.......  :good:

• Tim Neja, Jason Holmes, Duran Trujillo and 2 others like this

#2 Charlie Nelson

Charlie Nelson

builder/racer

• PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:12 PM

Thanks SCRRA -

looking forward to it! But- I should have booked a room sooner. Pricing and availability not good. Long Beach is the closest, cheapest with a bed choice. I just hope there is pit space for the Utah contingency (two of us)   

#3 Tom Eatherly

Tom Eatherly

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,902 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:28 PM

Charlie, I'll get a spot for us. I'll be in Idaho late June to July 12th. I'll talk to Eddie when I get back. We'll be good

See ya in July.

Tom Eatherly

Electric Dreams Online Shop