#1 dalek

dalek

Race Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 07 July 2019 - 08:10 AM

Does anyone object to having 2 podiums?

The FSCS Fall Championship Series begins this coming Saturday, July 13, at TheRaceway.Biz in Melbourne.

Besides having an overall championship, there could also be 2 podiums, hopefully increasing attendance because the slower half of the field are not racing against drivers that will be racking up a lot more laps than them.  Having 2 podiums has been working well at P-1 Raceway for years.

There would be qualifying for every car class, then there would be a podium for the slower half of the qualifiers, and a podium for the faster half.  If there are an odd number of drivers, the driver on the bubble would race with the slower half unless he wanted to race with the faster half.

FSCS history shows that attendance has been steadily declining, and that the majority of drivers have not traveled the series circuit, meaning that they were not interested in competing for the championship.  In other words, they viewed the few races that they did enter, as stand-alones, and at least there was a Group-1 and Group-2 to allow similar drivers to race against each other.

• tonyp and Twisted Metal like this

#2 DOCinCanton

DOCinCanton

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,683 posts

Posted 07 July 2019 - 08:30 AM

Dale, we qualify if there are 10 or more racers. I agree that we should have podium pic for all mains. All we need is 10 or more racers on Saturday and someone who will reliably take the podium pics. So, lets do it.

• Matt Sheldon likes this
Doc Dougherty
GRRR 2016 GT Coupe and Stock Car Champion and Overall Champion
My Series Spring 2016 4" NASCAR, JK LMP State Champion, and Endurance State Champion
My Series 2015 4" NASCAR, GTP and Endurance State Champion
​GRRR 2015 4 1/2" and F1 Champion
​GRRR 2013 & 2014 Evil Flexi Champion
1968 Cleveland Car Model Series race winner - Tom Thumb Raceway, North Royalton, Ohio
​1968 Hinsdale ARCO Amateur runner-up
1967 Parma Raceway Indy 500 Champion

#3 dalek

dalek

Race Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 07 July 2019 - 09:29 PM

I agree that we should have podium pic for all mains. 

Yes -- treating the mains as standalones will give the drivers the recognition that they deserve.

Hopefully this will keep more drivers coming back and maybe attract a few new and previous local drivers.

• DOCinCanton and Twisted Metal like this

Electric Dreams Online Shop