• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Matt Sheldon

Matt Sheldon

Duffy's HMI Executive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 02:18 PM

I am excited to announce that with the approval of the FNRS board the addition of a Rocky Mountain based FNRS regional series.

I am planning a pre series race either late November or sometime in December at RJ's Raceway in Wheat Ridge, CO. Exact date will be announced next month. For 2020 we are thinking a 4 race series to start and then grow from there.

I am also talking to a couple of raceways in a few adjoining states at the possibility of making a nice traveling series. The rules structure is pretty standardized and used across the country. Be nice to add that to our resume. Until then we will primarily focus on the couple tracks in Colorado. I will be adding a club track into the mix at some point as well simply for options.

Feedback is always welcome and please reach out if you have additional questions.

• tonyp, Justin A. Porter and Ralph Thorne like this
Matt Sheldon

#2 Richard G With

Richard G With

Outside Agitator

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 04:58 PM

Interesting to see new life stirring in Colorado. Having more tracks available can't be bad!

Hope sometime soon we'll have a Wichita track to add to the mix!

• Matt Sheldon likes this

We must all do what we must do, for if we do not, then what we must do does not get done.  Chung Mee

Parkes, W. (Producer) & Meyer, N. (Director). (1985). Volunteers.[Motion picture]. United States: HBO.

#3 Matt Sheldon

Matt Sheldon

Duffy's HMI Executive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 06:44 PM

Interesting to see new life stirring in Colorado. Having more tracks available can't be bad!

Hope sometime soon we'll have a Wichita track to add to the mix!

Be a great addition, Richard. Hope to see you again soon.

• Richard G With likes this
Matt Sheldon

#4 Jason Holmes

Jason Holmes

Checkered Flag in Hand

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 12:33 PM

Matt

What is the Address on this Track I have Kid's (Daughter and Son in law) that live in Windsor was just there 2 weeks ago could have brought slot car stuff with fishing stuff looks like I was only 55 miles away

jason

• Matt Sheldon likes this

#5 Matt Sheldon

Matt Sheldon

Duffy's HMI Executive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 02:44 PM

Matt

What is the Address on this Track I have Kid's (Daughter and Son in law) that live in Windsor was just there 2 weeks ago could have brought slot car stuff with fishing stuff looks like I was only 55 miles away

jason

Hi Jason,

It is as follows. Let me know the next time you come as I am only 20 minutes SE of Windsor.

RJ's Raceway
5161 Ward Rd, Suite 6
Wheatridge, CO 
(303) 915-5447

• Jason Holmes likes this
Matt Sheldon

#6 Richard G With

Richard G With

Outside Agitator

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 27 July 2019 - 12:56 PM

I would add, too that the choice of a nationally recognized and simple rule set is very important for success of this kind of venture.

Very important for travelling racers to know what to bring and not get surprised by some local option quirky set of rules.

Matt: if you can divulge the info, what tracks in adjoining states would be candidates? 

We must all do what we must do, for if we do not, then what we must do does not get done.  Chung Mee

Parkes, W. (Producer) & Meyer, N. (Director). (1985). Volunteers.[Motion picture]. United States: HBO.

Electric Dreams Online Shop