1 reply to this topic

#1 Cheater

Cheater

Headmaster of the asylum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,547 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 12:31 PM

Surrounded by a 'million' nieces and nephews, Uncle Charlie and Aunt Donna, co-owners of Uncle Charlie’s Slot Car Racing, find joy through their niche racing community, despite Charlie’s recent health issues. 

A few years ago, Uncle Charlie was diagnosed with end-stage renal failure, and relies on frequent dialysis to live. In early May 2019, Charlie suffered two mild heart attacks. 

While Charlie’s health issues will continue to persist, both he and Donna want to keep on racing with their slot car family as long as they can.

A documentary by Kirby Caraballo

• MSwiss, elvis44102 and Steve Roope like this

Gregory Wells

Never forget that first place goes to the racer with the MOST laps, not the racer with the FASTEST lap

#2 Steve Roope

Steve Roope

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 09:18 PM

Thanks for sharing this. It is my home track.Charlie & Donna are wonderful people. That's my son behind the counter with the beard & 2 of my grandsons are in the film. I am in the group photo behind Charlie. I just got a notice today that UNC released it. We race on a Ogilvie hillclimb running mostly flexi chassis. Charlie went to Texas & purchased a Tri Oval that will be going soon. 

Electric Dreams Online Shop