No replies to this topic

#1 rvec

rvec

Checkered Flag in Hand

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 08:00 AM

Over the next several months I would like to feature LeMans cars of the 1960s. These would include True Scale as well as OSCAR based rides. I have provided a pretty comprehensive list in a prior post. Just for fun, I think it would be interesting to have what I am calling a LeMans Trials. I encourage all to bring their LeMans rides and try them out in a qualifying environment (any lane for a minute). Over time, I will log and tabulate all of the results. Spectacular embroidered trophies will be awarded to the fastest five qualifiers. The Trials will last to around Thanksgiving. Dont worry; I will give ample warning regarding the cut off time. I will allow and encourage all to run these cars in the mixed class. Then, if there is a sufficient level of interest, I will integrate these cars into a separate class that will be run on a regular basis (maybe even create a LeMans Series).

In order to maintain a relatively level playing field all cars entered in the normal trials shall be powered by either Deathstar or ProSlot 16Ds. I have modified the rules to exclude OSCAR Trans Am cars from the normal Trials. A separate class entitled King of the Hill for Trans Am will be established for OSCAR Trans-Am rides (True Scale Trans-Am rides will also be allowed to compete in King of the Hill for Trans-Am). In addition, there will be a King of the Hill for all LeMans cars so that those who want to use power plants other than Deathstar or ProSlot motors can compete for awards.

The Trials will be one of three events of each Triathlon. Two other classes of cars will be run. I will alternate between mixed and Trans-Am and we will always run True Scale GT1.

Below are the results of the Trials and King of the Hill from the event held on 7/29/19. I have also included images of the cars. Obviously, many more entries will follow over time and participants are free to run these same rides shown below in attempts to lower their fast lap times. As a result it is much too early to project the makes and models that will ultimately rise to the top of the list.

King_7_29_2019.jpg

Trials_2019.jpg

LM_Bob.jpg

LM_James.jpg

LM_Joe.jpg

LM_Nick.jpg

LM_Rich.jpg

LM_Ron.jpg

LM_Scott.jpg

LM_Terry.jpg

Mixed Race

Both True Scale and OSCAR based rides competed in the mixed race. True Scale cars swept the top four places. Bobs Ferrari 458 won the race. James (Ford GT) was second while Joe (458) was third. Rons True Scale GT40 battled Richs OSCAR based, rattle chassis GT40. In the end, Ron edged out Rich by only a few feet for fourth place

SC_Results.jpg

SC_Field.jpg

GT1

Bob won the GT1 race easily with his Enzo. Meanwhile, James and Rich battled for the remaining podium spots. Richs 962 was just a whisker slower than James Jaguar and in the end, James finished second, about a lap ahead of Rich. A computer freeze prevented me from posting fast lap times for each competitor so these were estimated.

GT1_Results.jpg

GT1_Field.jpg

Rich Vecchio

Electric Dreams Online Shop