Photo

Regular racing at Atlanta Slot Car Raceway?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Rotorranch

Rotorranch

What's a title?

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 06:24 PM

What's being raced? Is there racing on a regular basis?

Jeff Chambers

Posted Image      Posted Image
                                         "Kinky Kar"

#2 Clyde Romero

Clyde Romero

Backmarker

• PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 07:17 PM

We race flexi, both 4", 4-1/2" and FCR Hardbody, and all classes of Retro plus we have a Hardbody class as well. It's all on our website.

Or you can Google slot car tracks in Atlanta and it will lead you right to our website as well.

We have a Facebook page that has all the information as well; times, classes, results.

Hope this answers your questions.

Clyde Romero

#3 Michael Coffel

Michael Coffel

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 07:59 PM

Our website is www.atlantaslotcarraceway.com and is the best place for learning about our scheduling, classes, and rules for all the different slot cars that we race.

Facebook page is Atlanta Slot Car Raceway.

#4 Rotorranch

Rotorranch

What's a title?

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 06:41 AM

Well, that was not real helpful. The website is confusing, and hard to read, and has two different addresses in it! And Facebook is pretty much useless.

So, I'll ask again... Is there regular racing going on? With enough racers and turn workers, on a weekly basis?

Rotor
Jeff Chambers

Posted Image      Posted Image
                                         "Kinky Kar"

#5 Eddie Fleming

Eddie Fleming

Checkered Flag in Hand

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 08:01 AM

Not to be a smartass but yes and no Jeff.

The racing is regular and the turn workers are sometimes but often it is make do with the turn workers.

They have Wednesday night JK Indy car races.

Friday night is spec body GTP with Hawk 7 motors and a hardbody oval class.

Saturday is 4" stock cars then JK Indy, then Retro Can-am and last 4.5 FCR hardbody stocks on the oval.

Sundays is any GTP body Hawk 7 motor.

That's off the top of my head best I can remember.

Oh and the second Saturday of each month is all classes of Retro without the Flexi classes.

• Rotorranch likes this
Eddie Fleming

#6 Michael Coffel

Michael Coffel

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 September 2019 - 01:29 AM

Ok, now that I've seen this topic drag out I will respond again. Not sure what you are confused about because my 8 year old niece reviewed the website twice a month. On both the website and Facebook page the physical address, days and hours of operation are on page two after you scroll down past the banner page. Facebook now is nothing but a repository of race results and pictures with a link to the website for more detailed information on classes and race schedule. And facebook has announcements for special events like the Retro Coupe Enduro in October. If you are referring to the address at the very bottom of the last page that is my address since I am the website designer, host, and number one dishwasher in this kitchen. The website is very clear on what we race, what days we are open, what days those specific classes are raced, and there are links to sanctioned bodies for rules like Retro and Flexi. Further down the website there are ASCR specific rules for specific classes that we run and where we do not follow a sanctioning body like 4.5" Hardbody FCR and Hardbody NASCAR ProTrack/H&R class.
  • Ramcatlarry likes this

Electric Dreams Online Shop