3 replies to this topic

#1 Jesse Gonzales

Jesse Gonzales

On The Lead Lap

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 03:03 AM

I looked and looked but didn't see anyone advertise Labor Day sales. I did find a couple of Camen cobalt 12 setups on eBay that were a steal especially in that they were both "Big Race" setups.

Did anyone else find any bargains on the blog?

Jess Gonzales

#2 Bill from NH

Bill from NH

Age scrubs away speed!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,641 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 08:48 AM

Slor cars? I thought Labor Day was meant for women to have their babies. :laugh2:  :laugh2:  :laugh2:

• Jesse Gonzales likes this

Bill Fernald

I intend to live forever!  So far, so good.  :laugh2:  :laugh2: 

#3 Pappy

Pappy

Grand Champion Poster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,622 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 11:07 AM

Bill, that's as bad as "Mother's Day is 9 month's after Father's Day"  :D

Jim "Butch" Dunaway

Anything is possible IF you don't know what you are talking about.

If you see me talking to myself just remember I'm self employed and I'm having a staff meeting.

#4 JimF

JimF

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,207 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 11:23 PM

FWIW......................Labor Day is a traditional "sale point" for seasonal retailers who have two or three (or more) seasonal turns of their inventory. It is not (at least generally) an occasion for a retailer with non seasonal inventory to have a sale.

For example..........A retailer such as myself that sells ski gear in the winter and watersports, flip flops, and casual wear in the summer, is motivated to move out any remaining skis or flip flops etc at a discount b/c styles change and those items will have reduced value moving forward.

OTH........a slot car shop may have saaaaay 200 pr of JK tires and 50 Retro Hawk motors in stock on Aug 15. That product will have the same value on Sept. 15 or Oct 15 as it does now. And, given the slot car "industry" billing cycle, that product is paid for. Thus, it is not sound business to sell off 1/2 of that inventory at a reduced margin only to have to reorder it again. The only time this practice would make any sense at all would be if the slot car retailer needs cash flow from the existing stock (even at a reduced margin) in order to pay for other needed items with a short (like 30 day) payment window. This however, is a potential path to destruction and is indicative of other problems.

So..............yeah.............not much on sale at Labor Day

• Tim Neja likes this
Jim Fowler

Electric Dreams Online Shop