• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,608 posts

Posted 08 September 2019 - 01:46 PM

We're getting close to the last major SCRRA race of the year, The Boola Bash, coming up next month on October 25- 27th.  As usual the 3 HR Nascar Enduro will be run on Saturday with F1 to follow about an hour after the end of the enduro. Can Am will be run on Sunday and all races will be on the BPR KIng track.   Nascar Enduro tech will begin at 9 AM sharp on Saturday as we hope to get the race started no later than 9:30 as the F1 race follows the Enduro and we need to keep things moving along smartly.  The SCRRA wishes to thank all the racers for helping to keep things running smoothly over the years and on time!   :good:

Same basic Nascar format as last year with Concours determining the lane choice for the top 3 and the computer picking the rest. 12 minutes on each lane, 2 times through 8 lanes so the race is technically 3 hours and 12 minutes long.  Lane changes will again be 1 minute and 15 seconds and working on the cars will be allowed during the change over.

We will again attempt to keep track calls to an absolute minimum. If several cars are off on the floor but are easily within reach of marshalls there will be NO track call. However if one car is buried in a totally inaccessible spot, a track call will obviously be necessary.  Under the bridge will also be a track call.  We've never had any issues in the past with excessive track calls and it seems when things get going and everyone settles in there are very few offs.

A quick rundown of the simple NASCAR rules. Basically, the cars are Retro Coupes but with a 4 1/2" wheelbase and this will be checked at tech. .812 rear tires with .050 clearance and .750 fronts with .015 clearance and a maximum width of 3 1/8".   This year along with the hard to find Electric Dreams Mercury Cyclone we will be allowing several new bodies, the JK Products B125B Chevy and the B126B Ford. The JK Mercury Cyclone B137B and the O/S Mercury Cyclone 653 will also be allowed and all bodies must be .010. The maximum rear body height with spoiler included is 1 9/16" and spoilers can be as wide as the body.  All cars must have interiors that fully connect the windows and no part of the chassis may be seen when viewed from above.  All cars must have 3D drivers with shoulders and arms and the drivers head must be no lower than the windows and must be seen when viewed from the side.  All other SCRRA rules will apply.

As usual, teams can be made up of 3, 4 or 5 drivers and there is no rule governing driving time or driving order and teams will be left to determine this as they see fit.

Retro Pro will be at it's usual time slot of Friday evening with tech inspection starting at about 6PM.

As usual you can sign up for the Enduro here on Slotblog and Debbie will also have a sign up sheet going at BPR.  More to follow here ASAP concerning the Boola and remember that in November we're going to be running the exact same Nascar stock cars in another Enduro which will involve all the BPR tracks!  An announcement about this will be made shortly!........ :good:

• Tim Neja, Mark Wampler, Jason Holmes and 1 other like this

#2 Marco Carvalho

Marco Carvalho

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 14 September 2019 - 01:51 AM

Team Autorama: Marco Carvalho, Jim Lane and Tom Schiavo. 

Marco Carvalho

#3 bbr

bbr

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts

Posted 14 September 2019 - 10:26 AM

Team Autorama: Marco Carvalho, Jim Lane and Tom Schiavo. 

podium hogs ...LOL           :laugh2:  :good:

"If the Retro Pro racers can organize enough people for a race we can certainly add it to the schedule. The usual RP slot was Friday evening with tech beginning at about 6PM"

RP racers... are you interested in running after the CA race on Sunday ??????????

Mike Low
Cry like a baby, drive like a girl, walk like a man.
Give me enough rope and I'll build a fast car... or hang myself?

#4 Jim Lange

Jim Lange

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 14 September 2019 - 04:14 PM

Team HI TECH 2, Cervantes, Grinstead, Correia will be unable to attend this year. Team HI TECH 1, will be Sam Rakham, Tim Hould and Rick Linn. I will be unable to attend. (Racing Big Car). Good Luck to all.

#5 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,608 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 10:14 PM

We did a quick head count on Saturday and right now we have NINE teams penciled in for the Enduro next month.  :good:  Debbie has a sign up sheet going at BPR and we'll post a list of teams here shortly.....

#6 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,608 posts

Posted 22 September 2019 - 12:11 AM

The SCRRA has revised the Boola Bash schedule to include the Retro Pro race in it's usual time slot of Friday evening with tech inspection beginning at about 6PM.

• Tim Wilkins likes this

#7 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,608 posts

Posted 22 September 2019 - 10:30 PM

Presently 10 Enduro teams!   Some to be named and a few to finalize drivers.........

1)     TEAM TRUJILLO          Duran Trujillo,  Henry Trujillo,  Alex Freund,  Bill Vanderziel

2)     HI TECH 1                    Sam Rackham,  Tim Hould,  Rick Linn,  James Grinstead

3)     AUTORAMA                  Marco Carvalho,  Jim Lane,  Tom Schiavo

4)     MAGARAMA                 Mill Conroy,  Phil Nyland,  John Cukras,  Bryan Warmack,  Nesta Szabo

5)     OLD SKOOL                 Dale Yamashita,  Dennis Samson,  Gary Donahoe

6)     INNOVATORS               Jerry Johnson,  TJ Albu,  Mark McVittie,  Bob Ricca

7)     V TECH                         Tim Wilkins,  Chuck Vaughan,  Roy Lievanos,  Bill Taylor

8)     TEAM FOSTERS           Earl McCutcheon,  Dennis Rios,  Mark Wampler,  Tim Neja

9)      To be named                Charlie Nelson,  Don Haase,  Mike Kravitz,  Tom Eatherly

10)     To be named                Doug Jacks,  Taylor Jacks

• Tim Neja and Tim Wilkins like this

#8 Tom Eatherly

Tom Eatherly

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 12:06 PM

Bryan, may as well add my name to Charlie's team. He asked me to join, so, I did! How about that!? Thanks Bryan.

And thanks Charlie!

• Charlie Nelson likes this
Tom Eatherly

#9 kuni123456

kuni123456

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 26 October 2019 - 08:16 PM

I really enjoyed racing at the Nascar Enduro race. I want to thank you for letting me race on your team, Bryan Warmack. 

John K. Wakamatsu

#10 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,608 posts

Posted 26 October 2019 - 11:54 PM

In todays' Boola Bash action, the Nascar Enduro had Hi-Tech back in the winners circle, followed by Team Trujillo 2nd, Old Skool 3rd and Magarama 4th.  F1 saw Jerry Johnson come from the B Main to take top honors with Bill Vanderziel 2nd, Bryan Warmack 3rd and Sam Rackham 4th.

In yesterdays' Retro Pro race, Jerry Johnson took his first win of the weekend, with Don Haase 2nd, Rick Dodge 3rd and Charlie Nelson 4th.

Can Am up tomorrow......

• Tim Neja, Tom Eatherly and Eddie Fleming like this

#11 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,608 posts

Posted 27 October 2019 - 11:41 PM

In the final race of the Boola Bash today, Dale Yamashita showed everyone the way home with a victory in Can Am, followed by Duran Trujillo 2nd,  Sam Rackham 3rd and Jerry Johnson 4th.

Full report with pics up shortly......

• Tim Neja, Tom Eatherly and Tim Wilkins like this

#12 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,608 posts

Posted 27 October 2019 - 11:54 PM

I really enjoyed racing at the Nascar Enduro race. I want to thank you for letting me race on your team, Bryan Warmack. 

John,

It was the usual fun day at the Enduro and we had a good run!  :good:

Electric Dreams Online Shop