2 replies to this topic

#1 rvec

rvec

Checkered Flag in Hand

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 05:44 AM

See the following link for a video of the final heat of the GT1 race held at Electron Raceway on 9/23/19. Images of first through fourth place cars are also shown below

GT1_Bob3.jpg

GT1_James.jpg

GT1_Rich3.jpg

GT1_Joe.jpg

• Tim Neja and Alchemist like this

Rich Vecchio

#2 Pappy

Pappy

Grand Champion Poster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,693 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 06:32 AM

That's what I call "slot car racing". The cars look like cars and they don't have a bunch of additional airfoils that weren't on the real cars keeping them in the slot. It was done with driving skills.

I know I'm now going to be accused of bad mouthing all other forms of slot car racing that have airfoil. But who cares.

Good job guys.  :good:

• Tim Neja likes this

Jim "Butch" Dunaway

Anything is possible IF you don't know what you are talking about.

If you see me talking to myself just remember I'm self employed and I'm having a staff meeting.

#3 rvec

rvec

Checkered Flag in Hand

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 07:54 AM

That's what I call "slot car racing". The cars look like cars and they don't have a bunch of additional airfoils that weren't on the real cars keeping them in the slot. It was done with driving skills.

I know I'm now going to be accused of bad mouthing all other forms of slot car racing that have airfoil. But who cares.

Good job guys.  :good:

Thanks Pappy. The plastic model Group C/GT1 cars are quite fast and handle great. They employ production chassis (Scholer, Plafit, Scale Auto, Slotting plus). The chassis are modified to accept 1/8 inch axles and we add custom front and side pans for better handling. To see more examples of these cars see the link and select the class of cars you want to view. http://slotblog.net/...aceway-classes/

Also I just posted the race result which show a mixed race as well as the GT1. See the link http://slotblog.net/...ceway-on-92319/

Rich Vecchio

Electric Dreams Online Shop