• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Marco Carvalho

Marco Carvalho

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 09 November 2019 - 09:51 AM

Hey guys, here's the official announcement approved by Bryan. 

Let us know if you have any new questions. I believe we're going to have a lot of fun racing in all 4 tracks at Buena Park Raceway.

We already have 3 teams enrolled; we're trying to limit it to 8 teams, formed by 4 drivers each. So, hurry up, the race will happen in a couple of weeks. Send the name of your team and the name of your drivers in the comment section below. 

Thanks! 

GYMKHANA TEAMS: 

1 - Team Autorama - Marco Carvalho, Ed Shorer, Jim Lane, Jim Wiseman

2 - Magarama - Phil Nyland, Mill Conroy, Bryan Warmack

3 - Team Hi Tech - Jim Lange, Sam Rackham, Rick Linn, Tim Hould

4 - Team TGI Fridays - Jim Watterson, Mel Moon, Tim Ballmer and Dan Tufts 

5 - Team Last Minute - Doug Jack, Craig Williamson, John Wakamatsu

6 - 

7 - 

8 - 

Gymkhana_logo.png

noun. A) a day event comprising races and other competitions between horse riders or car drivers. B) a timed contest for automobiles featuring a series of events designed to test driving skill. 

THE RACE

A completely different challenge. Held at Buena Park Raceway, this is an Enduro Team Race where we play at all tracks. 

Using the same Nascar 4.5” car and rules raced at the Boola Bash - the teams formed by 4 racers will race 1 hour at each track of the store. Only 8 teams allowed. No sit-outs.

1st: The race starts at the DRAG STRIP. Using a standard dragster bracket teams will choose one driver to qualify for the race. No testings, no practice. Controllers provided by the house.

2nd: After qualifying, we move ourselves to the KINGELMAN track, where we race heats of 8 minutes. Each driver drives 2 heats. 2 minutes of interval for lane changing. 

3rd: When the race at the KINGELMAN ends, race director moves the cars to the BLUE KING. Any changes in the cars (gears, tires, lead weight) must be done under green light or intervals. The teams will race the same heats of 8 minutes on each lane.

4th: Ending the GYMKHANA, we move from the BLUE KING we go to the last part of the challenge to race at the FLAT TRACK. Once again, 8 heats of 8 minutes. 2 lanes per driver. 

Winner is the team with the most laps wins. Adding all tracks together.

FAQs:

• Can I add or retrieve lead weight from the car? Yes, but only during green light or lane changing intervals
  • Can I use the intervals during the track changes to work on the car? No, while track changing cars are in parc fermé. 
  • I only have 3 racers on my team. Can we run? It’s not ideal, but this race was designed to unite all BPR racers - if you really can’t find a fourth driver - talk to Bryan or Marco, and we will figure it out.
  • Can I use different tires? Yes, but keep in mind that you can only change it during lane changes and green light. No changes can be made during the change of tracks.
  • Can I race a drag tire during qualifying? Yes, but I believe you are going to lose some precious time to replace the tires when we move to the Kingelman. Plus, it will be hard to fit the tire on that body. 
  • What time will the track open at the day of the race? 7AM
  • What about tech? From 9 to 9:30 - SHARP
  • Can you tell me more about the qualifying process? Usual bracket system. The order will be defined by Concours. Each racer can run only one race. So, if your team wins the first race, you need a new driver to go on.  No testings or practicing allowed.

gymkhanabracket.png

• What does the pole position wins? Besides lane choosing, there will be 5 laps for the pole sitter, 3 laps for the second place, and 1 lap for the third place on qualifying. Those laps will be added on the beginning of the race at the Kingelman track. 
  • Are there any prizes? Yes, JK Products and Mid-America products are sponsoring this race, and they will provide prizes. Don’t know yet what it is, but I bet it will be great. 
  • Same chassis all the race? Yes, same rules as the Boola Bash Enduro. You can’t replace your chassis or your body. 
  • Can we repair the cars during lane changes? Yes, 2 minutes intervals. What you can’t do is to touch the cars in between track changes. Lane changes are business as usual. 
  • I have a strategy to race different tires on each track, when can I do the change? During green light or lane intervals. Once again, during track changes, the cars will be at the race director’s desk. Do not touch the cars after the eight heat on each track. 
  • Will it be a lunch break? Nope

Maintenance and parts changing are allowed only during green light or lane change intervals. 

SERVICE

WHERE: BUENA PARK RACEWAY

WHEN: NOVEMBER 23rd 2019 at 10AM

CLASS: RETRO 4.5” NASCAR

TEAMS: 4 DRIVERS

THE GYMKHANA ENDURO IS SPONSORED BY

sponsors.png

Marco Carvalho

#2 Tim Neja

Tim Neja

Grand Champion Poster

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,803 posts

Posted 09 November 2019 - 10:17 PM

WOW---this sounds like a LOT OF FUN!! Sadly, I don't think I'm available that weekend.  I'd really hoped to make it --but I have a major trade show the week before and Thanksgiving is the week after?  So not good timing for me.  You'se guys have A GREAT TIME!! Looking forward to see how it all shakes out. :)

• Marco Carvalho likes this
She's real fine, my 409!!!

#3 Jim Lange

Jim Lange

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 12:13 PM

Comon guys.... I really hope we have more than 3 teams. This race will be alot of fun. Let's get these spots filled. 

• Tim Neja and Marco Carvalho like this

#4 Marco Carvalho

Marco Carvalho

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 03:32 PM

More teams added! 

Marco Carvalho

#5 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 24 November 2019 - 12:49 AM

In todays Gymkhana 3 hour Enduro, TEAM HI TECH, winners of the recent Boola Nascar Enduro, showed everyone the way home again with another solid run to victory!  Congrats Hi Tech!   MAGARAMA overcame some early trouble to finish 2nd while LAST MINUTE just edged AUTORAMA to finish 3rd.

Full report with pics up shortly........

#6 Racer78

Racer78

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 November 2019 - 08:49 PM

That was a fun race. Racing each track in one day was more than a blast.

Thanks is owed to:
Doug Jacks for putting on a stellar drive and clinching our podium finish.
John Wakamatsu for tires and pit work that kept us in the race and up front.
Bryan Warmack for handing us a great car and enabling Team Last Minute.
Marco Carvalho and Bryan for putting on the race.
Imperial Burger for a great breakfast and meeting spot.
Mid-America Raceway for the bounty of prizes.
Whoever prepped the tracks. I thought the surfaces were A1 on all. 
AND Jim and Debbie Watterson of Buena Park Raceway for continuing to make it all happen.

Congratulations to all teams and thanks for keeping it on.

Craig Williamson
Team Last Minute

• Tim Neja likes this
Craig Williamson
Drive smart and leave the accidents behind you

#7 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 12:19 AM

Craig,

Awesome run by you Last Minute guys and great job to get the TQ drag strip bonus of 5 laps and nip Autorama for the final podium spot by 2 laps!

• Racer78 and Tim Neja like this

Electric Dreams Online Shop