28 replies to this topic

#26 Rich Joslin

Rich Joslin

Mid-Pack Racer

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 01 December 2019 - 09:00 PM

In a short race like yours, no need to oil anything if you have oiled it at the start

We regularly do enduros where the car isn’t touched for 30min driving stints

So long as you use an oil that’s designed for bushings you’ll be fine

Focus on doing things that you only NEED to do, change lanes, change stickers, compose yourself

Pick a bold car colour that’s different from most other drivers and clearly opposite to the colour of the track. Use it exclusively and own it. Don’t dull it down with other colours or unnecessary decals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

In my first race I used a dark blue body with a cream stripe down the center, a beautiful Noose paint job. At my practice session today I switched to my orange body with medium blue stripe, also a beautiful Noose paint job. Needless to say I could see the car much easier. Thanks!

#27 Bill from NH

Bill from NH

Age scrubs away speed!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,233 posts

Posted 01 December 2019 - 09:33 PM

Dark colored bodies will work okay on light gray tracks. You need light & bright colors, even fluorescent, when running on dark gray & black tracks.

• Rich Joslin likes this

Bill Fernald

I intend to live forever!  So far, so good.  :laugh2:  :laugh2: 

#28 Rich Joslin

Rich Joslin

Mid-Pack Racer

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 12:08 AM

Just a brief update three races in:

I have managed to improve my lap totals from 160 to 164 to 166. Fastest lap per lane average has improved by about .35 seconds from the first race to now but running consistent lap times still eludes me. I need to get to just over 22 laps per segment to be competitive in the B Group and this week I averaged just a bit under 21. I have managed to stay out of last place in the second and third races though not by much. I am trying to focus only on my car and the track and the last two races I have totally avoided looking at the Lap Counter/Timing System until the end of the race which I think helps keep me focused on the present not what just happened. I am struggling on red and white usually due to deslotting in the donut. My best lane has consistently been black.

Just before the race this week I got my new controller and I can already tell it will help a lot. I spent a couple hours at the track tonight tinkering with it trying to find the brake and sensitivity settings that I am most comfortable with.

I continue to review old threads and posts on here and I am grateful to have access to the knowledge you all continue to share in this forum.

A big thanks to Mr. T, Jeff, Dave and the rest of the Tuesday Night Racers at Fantasy for their support and encouragement. It has been a lot of fun.

• Samiam and pmwslots like this

#29 Bill from NH

Bill from NH

Age scrubs away speed!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,233 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 08:50 AM

Rich, you're making progress in a positive direction, that's good! Since red & white lanes seem to be an obstacle, next time your at the raceway, practice only on them. Doing this has always helped me in the past. You'll find the more track time you have on a particular track, the better you'll be able to run on it. Most importantly, continue to have fun, but don't be discouraged if you have a "down" week.

• Shiggy, pmwslots and Rich Joslin like this

Bill Fernald

I intend to live forever!  So far, so good.  :laugh2:  :laugh2: 

Electric Dreams Online Shop