#1 Pete L.

Pete L.

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,704 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 02:07 PM

Fellas,

The December meeting of the C.A.R.S. Vintage Slot Car Club will be held on Dec. 5 , 2019 at The RACE PLACE in Farmingdale NJ at 7:30 PM.

We will have as a sub theme " Slot Car Stuff we got for Christmas".  Mine was an ATLAS HO slot car set. While I no longer have the original set, I did manage to gather up enough track, cars and controllers to duplicate it. The little scale stuff is welcome as well !

If you have any of your old slot car stuff that you received as a holiday gift or even a duplicate, maybe a photo, bring it along. Possibly someone has some of the items shown on the magazine covers posted below ? I know there's some Batmobiles out there as well as a Bandit or two...

Attached Images

• Jan. 1967.jpg
  • Christmas.jpg
  • Chriatman 2.jpg

• mdiv likes this
Peter J. Linszky

C.A.R.S. Vintage Slot Car Club

#2 mdiv

mdiv

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 12:34 AM

I will be there with HO Cars.

Mike

Mike DiVuolo

"Prosecutors will be violated"

#3 eggsplurt

eggsplurt

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 06:16 AM

I actually still have 2 T-Jets I got for Christmas in 1970.....The set is gone but the cars remain....FlameThrowers...Ford J and a black McLaren Elva......Aurora of course.....
  • Pete L. likes this
Steve Drucker

#4 Pete L.

Pete L.

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,704 posts

Posted 01 December 2019 - 09:12 AM

Fellas,

An opportunity to tune up your Jail Door cars as well...

Peter J. Linszky

#5 Pete L.

Pete L.

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,704 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 11:37 AM

B.U.M.P.

Peter J. Linszky

#6 mdiv

mdiv

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 02:38 PM

Fellas,

I am in the midst of a bad upper respiratory infection.  If it doesn't improve drastically by tomorrow I'm not coming, I don't like sharing germs.

Mike

• Pete L. likes this

Mike DiVuolo

#7 Pete L.

Pete L.

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,704 posts

Posted 05 December 2019 - 11:37 AM

B.U.M.P.

Peter J. Linszky

#8 sportblazer350

sportblazer350

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,132 posts

Posted 05 December 2019 - 01:24 PM

Hi guys, cannot make it tonight due to cannot be in two places at the same time, and my back is bad again. Hope to make it to the Jail Door race at Dom's. Wish i could make it tonight as i began digging out some of my h.o. stuff to show. 

Pete- please take lots of pictures and post them. 

Glenn Orban
NJ Vintage Racing
NJ Scale Racing

#9 eggsplurt

eggsplurt

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 05 December 2019 - 03:37 PM

Dang......Looks like I’ll have the whole place to myself.........I’ll take an hour on green please........Hope you guys are feeling better!.....Steve......
Steve Drucker

#10 mdiv

mdiv

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 05 December 2019 - 05:20 PM

I'll be there guys, just got out of work and am feeling better.  See you guys in a bit.

Mikey

Mike DiVuolo

#11 Pete L.

Pete L.

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,704 posts

Posted 05 December 2019 - 05:41 PM

B.U.M.P.

Peter J. Linszky

#12 Pete L.

Pete L.

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,704 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 11:32 AM

Folks,

Pics from our December meeting...Ho Ho Ho, not Santa, but HO cars aplenty !  Mikey recovered and got to the meet along with his raft of HO slot cars, some old some new. Mikey also brought along his HO test and tune rig to show it to those of us who might want to replicate a similar set up.

Mikey's HO collection includes a good number of unique and rare pieces. Since I'm not well versed on the subject I'll let the photos do the talking. Any info by those in the know is more than welcome !

PS: Of course I missed taking a photo of the above mentioned HO testing rig...Mikey, would you be kind enough to post a photo of it when you get a chance, sorry !

Attached Images

• 2.jpg
  • thumbnail.jpg
  • 3.jpg
  • 4.jpg
  • 11.jpg

Peter J. Linszky

#13 Pete L.

Pete L.

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,704 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 11:51 AM

More photos...

As a reminder of this Saturday's Jail Door Races at DOM'S RACEWAY in Cream Ridge N.J., we had several Jail Door cars doing shake down runs. Both of The Race Place's 1st floor tracks saw plenty of action, Jail Door cars and the vintage variety that the club is known for. First the Jail Door racers, Rodney's appropriately adorned Eagle waiting to take flight, both views show Rodney's skill at the workbench. 

An awesome sight, Dom and Jimmy Roselli hot lapping the "Big Track" last night with their Jail Door cars, and at a pretty good clip ! Giving food for thought for next year's series.

On Jimmy's box we see a nice selection of slot cars from several eras. The purple and Blue ASTRO V is a relic from days gone by with one of Dom's recreated vintage style bodies and Jimmy's really cool paint work, a true father and son effort. His late model Camaro is a "sheep in wolf's clothing" as it were.

What looks to be a contemporary slot car is actually a DYNAMIC chassied, 36D powered inline car that actually ran so well that we are considering a similar build using one of the many similar type bodies available now...

The Gran Prix car in the photo is Jimmy's NOOSE Painted Jail Door GP car that was running the big track last night. All in all an impressive collection. 

Attached Images

• 10.jpg
  • 9.jpg
  • 7.jpg

Peter J. Linszky

#14 Pete L.

Pete L.

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,704 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 12:02 PM

Last of the pics for now show Steve's field of vintage slots, hard bodies stockers that all share a Flexi 1 chassis with what I believe to be Gp 12 motors. Steve's ability to get these car around the track at great speed is impressive to say the least. Photos show some of the cars about to be added to the Holiday decorations at The Race Place...

Also shown is Rodney's box of slot cars with a new car or two clearly visible, both a GT car and a Jail Door Sports Car. More info about these cars in the near future !

Finally I'll close this post this report the same way I opened it, with Mikey's box of goodies, HO HO HO !

Attached Images

• 13.jpg
  • 14.jpg
  • 12.jpg
  • 5.jpg

• DE38 and Peter Horvath like this
Peter J. Linszky

#15 eggsplurt

eggsplurt

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 05:21 PM

Good time last night......I agree with Pete that the back corner track is fun to run on.......Jackie & Jerry had decorated for Christmas and the place looked fantastic....Yes, Mikes HO collection is growing....Rodney was out of Wintergreen and I had to supply him......Bringing lots of my HOs in January.......or, sooner if you guys want tohave some mid-month coffee Saturday or Sunday......HO is so easy to cart around......Good to see you guys last night.......Sunday is Wanes Speed Shop...Toys for Tots in Lawrence Harbor on Rt. 35.....Some great Hot Rods show up and the weather should be great. Coffee...Donuts....Breaking the Marlin out for an open header ride....Cmon over.....Steve
  • Pete L. likes this
Steve Drucker

#16 mdiv

mdiv

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 07 December 2019 - 01:31 AM

Pete,

Thank you for the great photos and post-meet report!  That new-fangled camera is the bee's knees.  

I'll see if I can get a shot of the test and tune rig after the Jail Door Race in a few hours.  My other clubmate Ernie built us all these rigs - mine is a piece of Aurora or AFX track supplied by a variable voltage Tyco AC/DC power transformer, a nice piece of wood and some amenities for holding tools, small parts, and other various spyrogyra.  Other variations of the rig uses a straight-up Aurora AC/DC 18V transformer that feeds an original streeringwheel style controller for varying the voltage which then feeds the piece of track.   Ernie does some very nice work, I must say.  Mine holds up well even being stored in a nasty smoker's car for a year and a half.  I'll have to spend some time to get the rails nice and shiny.  We had a test and tune session in October or November (man, these months fly by) where everyone learned to take apart their T-Jet, get it nice and clean, oil it, and test it on their rig, with some video taken.  Nothing Earth-shattering, no boiling the chassis and test fixtures stuff, but the basics.  If I can find that video I'll post it in the HO section on this blog.

Was good to see everyone and get in the spirit!  Missed you, Glenn!  Thank you for the doughnuts, Steve!  Always fun to talk about HO cars.  Dom, Jimmy and Rodney always a hoot to chat with.  And Pete of course for keeping this club going strong.  And we cannot forget to thank Jackie and Jerry for keeping the doors open for us to play with our toy cars.  Seeing a well-decorated Christmas Tree is....wholesome.  I'll leave it at that before I get mushy :)

See ya'll in a few hours.

Mike

• Pete L. likes this

Mike DiVuolo

#17 eggsplurt

eggsplurt

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 07 December 2019 - 03:30 PM

Nothing wrong with mushy.....Feeling better?...
Steve Drucker

#18 mdiv

mdiv

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 07 December 2019 - 10:38 PM

Feeling great, Steve, thanks!

You're doing a good thing tomorrow, I am taking my chances in a big SUV, looking for slot cars that probably won't be free!

News at 11.

Mike

Mike DiVuolo

#19 eggsplurt

eggsplurt

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 08 December 2019 - 08:32 AM

Would this be that Morganville, PA. show?........
Steve Drucker

#20 sportblazer350

sportblazer350

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,132 posts

Posted 08 December 2019 - 09:08 PM

sorry i could not make it, but i was able to sit, stand upright and drive to the jail door race. Hopefully surgery to fix my back is in the near future. I too will pull out some h.o. cars for future meeting nights, as well as some vintage 1/32 and 1/24 cars that i have not yet shown the group. Thanks for posting the pictures. 

If anyone wants to meet up another time this month- to hang out, or race, or both just let me know. 

• Pete L. and mdiv like this

Glenn Orban
NJ Vintage Racing
NJ Scale Racing

#21 eggsplurt

eggsplurt

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 08 December 2019 - 10:53 PM

OK....Anybody want to do a this coming Friday HO Show & Tell?........Coffee....Hanging out at the the large table up front.....Stuff like that.....6...7...8....??.....Whatever you guys like.......Cool over there all decorated for Christmas!!.....
Steve Drucker

#22 Pete L.

Pete L.

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,704 posts

Posted 09 December 2019 - 01:27 PM

Steve,

Racing every Friday night and it's always a big crowd...I usually run on Fridays as well...

Peter J. Linszky

#23 mdiv

mdiv

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 09 December 2019 - 05:43 PM

Fellas,

The show in PA on Sunday went well.

+1 agree with Pete about Friday.

As for getting together before Christmas I would love to but has to be a different weekend, I think I need some R&R after this one!

Will be in touch, if I don't see you fine gentlemen, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Mikey

• Pete L. likes this

Mike DiVuolo

Electric Dreams Online Shop