• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 MG Brown

MG Brown

Grand Champion Poster

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,202 posts
  • Location:The Land of Lincoln, where governors make the license plates.

Posted 12 January 2020 - 04:21 PM

Hobbystock Enduro at Thazer Raceway. South Bend, Indiana.

81845646_2339871756117924_755782040707661824_o.jpg

The weather forecast played a role in some Chicago area racers staying home. I don't blame you, as the last leg of my ride home after the race resembled that of a demolition derby. Still, enough racers showed up and we were able to sort out teams and fill the track. Approximately 30 racers were in the building.
First off, I'd like to take a moment to thank Scott Stuart for putting together a silent auction benefit for Bill Ridley. It was kind of a last minute thing, I apologize for not being able to plan more for this.

82052746_2339871906117909_8088573717984051200_o.jpg

Motors were handed out at 2 to be loaded into their chariots. Tech opened at 2:45, closed at 3. After a short drivers meeting, the battle began for (16) ten minute heats on the White Knight track.

In the very first heat team BAM of Brian, Andy Fisher, and Mark Ridley looked to have a very solid car and took the early lead. A series of team mishaps and some controller issues for Mark pushed them back in the field later on. Team Voodoo of Neal and Ken had a sharp looking car as always, but some very unfortunate wrecks pushed them to the back of the pack early on. Checkered Flag Racing and SPR battled back and forth for the lead through the first round with team Too solidly hanging on to third. Team MPP landed in fourth place just one lap down from team Too when the first round ended. The Michigan Mafia of Miller, Meachum, and Anders were having a battle of their own with the Leftovers going into the second round.

At the end of round one, the race looked like this:

Checkered flag racing: 688 
SPR: 685
Too: 662
MPP: 661
BAM: 658
Thazers Leftovers: 636
Michigan Mafia 615
Voodoo 600

Cars were left where they finished on the track. 10 minute intermission, lane change...and the second round started.

Team Too of Mike W, Phil B, Shawn, and Mike B just did their thing with a '50 olds and kept third spot the whole race. Team VooDoo figured some things out, and moved up a spot. Thazers Leftovers of Rick, Carlos, and Justin did all that they could, and held off a hard charging VooDoo. Team MPP of Dan, Pops, and JP we're looking good for a solid mid pack finish the whole 'bout. BAM once again had some issues and fell way back in the second round...but some hard charge driving towards the end put them just a few laps short of third when the power clicked off.

SPR of Rick Stagen, Eugene, Dick Soule, and Guarino put on a solid performance in the second round for the lead. Fred Fowler takes the trigger in the final 10 minutes for team Checkered Flag Racing and made a solid charge to regain the lead.

But, time always runs out. After two rounds, it looked like this:

SPR 1374
Checkered Flag Racing: 1370
Too: 1320
BAM: 1313
MPP: 1307
Thazers Leftovers: 1249
VooDoo: 1241
Michigan Mafia: 1237

MA Enduro 2020-01-11 Team SPR.jpg

Team SPR- Dave G., Rick S., Eugene, and Dick S.

Everyone had a good time, which is always my primary objective.

That's a wrap on this one. Sign up for the next Enduro at Mid America, February 8th, will be posted soon on the Mid-American Hardbody Facebook Page.

Please join us for some kid's racing at Mid America Naperville this Saturday night.

Contact Brian Meharry or Mid-American Hardbody Racing League with any questions.

• cdtanner and Rob Voska like this

"I'm just here for the entertainment." George Carlin

#2 MG Brown

MG Brown

Grand Champion Poster

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,202 posts
  • Location:The Land of Lincoln, where governors make the license plates.

Posted 12 January 2020 - 04:34 PM

Event Photo Album is Here <-----

• cdtanner likes this

"I'm just here for the entertainment." George Carlin

Electric Dreams Online Shop