• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 wjtaylor

wjtaylor

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 02:17 PM

I had not originally intended to run a race this month, but Debbie put it on her schedule, so sorry for the short lead time.

The race will be on the 15th, go here for the rules

http://slotblog.net/...bpr-flat-track/

I wanted some time to figure out the best way to do this so here goes

Get there early, according to Debbie the drag racers don't start showing up till 10 or so, so there are plenty of primo pit spaces available.

Questions:

would it be better to run the races late afternoon into the early evening. Debbie says that the drag guys are mostly leaving between 4 and 5. practice till 6(?) then race

Or would racing later and only doing one class be better and running 2 weekends. Last night we started at about our usual time and we ran separate A & B races and we were done 9ish

Run both races on the same weekend as Retro on the flat track. No practice for D2 cars till after the retro race is over? Figure about an hour between the end of the retro races and sign ups for the Production race.

Any other ideas?

Bill Taylor
Hi-Speed Products

#2 Jason Holmes

Jason Holmes

Race Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 10:38 PM

I'm for early start and go home early 2 classes if started by 9:30 should be done by 2 if we don't dink around 

My 2 cents 

jason  See you the 15th 

I'm Sorry if the drag guys are racing they are there when the doors open not at 10 as we saw last month 

#3 Jesse Gonzales

Jesse Gonzales

On The Lead Lap

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 08 February 2020 - 03:53 AM

Drag guys should never be allowed to inconvenience road racers, the reason slot car racing still exists is road racers. There is or was a track in Apache Junction that is a good 2-3 hour one way drive for me but will not see one buck from me because it is inhabited by drag racers and virtually no road racers.

Jess Gonzales

#4 Tim Wood

Tim Wood

On The Lead Lap

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 08:57 AM

Looks like it is going to be another full house of drag racers. There is the Wackey Bracket Race going on with Spagettii dinner. So is this going to happen on the 15th for Retro like last time, there was no spaces for set up . Thanks

Tim Wood 

#5 Tim Neja

Tim Neja

Grand Champion Poster

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,991 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 10:55 AM

We need to find a way to co-exist with the drag racers--or schedule our racing when they are NOT having races.  Pick a day that is open monthly.

She's real fine, my 409!!!

#6 wjtaylor

wjtaylor

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 01:21 PM

The problem is, the straight line guys are there every saturday. The retro guys don't seem to have a problem co-existing.

That is why I brought up either racing after the drag racers or after the flat track retro.

I just want to have good fields and good racing. Let me know what works. Talk amongst yourselves either here or privately. Let me know whats best and I will do my best to make it happen.

Bill Taylor
Hi-Speed Products

#7 Tim Neja

Tim Neja

Grand Champion Poster

• Subscriber
  • 5,991 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 01:43 PM

Well could we move to Sundays?  I'm good with morning Sunday racing if that works for most everyone else.

She's real fine, my 409!!!

#8 wjtaylor

wjtaylor

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 16 February 2020 - 08:44 PM

We got the races in this month and all said they would be back for more.

Sam won the Production race and Dennis won the GT 12 race.

Debbie was satisfied with the entries so I will see her again on thursday and get the next race date announced shortly.

I especially want to thank the volunteer marshalls. Jim, Roy, Sam, Vic and even Tore took a turn.

You will get the full race report thru your usual sources

Bill Taylor
Hi-Speed Products

#9 86ed once again

86ed once again

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 12:06 PM

Jesse Im sorry you feel that way about drag racers. Drag racing is the bread winner at Buena Park raceway. Its been that way for almost 2 decades. For as much as I love racing wing, scale and retro, you do not upset the form of racing that is keeping your doors open. 

• Tim Neja likes this
James Grinstead
Five-time USRA Champion
TEAM KOFORD

#10 tonyp

tonyp

Grand Champion Poster

• Subscriber
  • 14,643 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 12:45 PM

Drag racing keeps plenty of slot car tracks open so o road guys have a place to play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Pete L. and Tim Neja like this

"And if my thought-dreams could be seen they'd probably put my head in a guillotine. But it's alright, Ma, it's life, and life only." - Dylan

1965 "Evil Bucks Racer" Team
Revtech Team Trinity
Retro East co-founder
American King track single lap world record holder & 40 minute total lap record
First IM Nationals Champion
Arco Champion
Car Model Magazine Series Amateur Champion
2016 ORS Anglewinder Constructors Championsh
ip

#11 Alan Dodson

Alan Dodson

Backmarker

• PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 04:47 PM

Amen Tony! That is the formula at most of the successful tracks that I have seen. We should thank the drag racers that us road racers have a place to race!

• Tim Neja likes this

#12 Jason Holmes

Jason Holmes

Race Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 10:37 PM

Racers are racers whether they go in a Straight line or around corners with out all Groups we have no where to PLAY the problem was not with the racers on either side it was lack of Communication on Managements Side 

jason

2000-2005 the Drag racers out number the Corner Guy's 4to1 and that was back when the USRA had entries 60-70 wing racers on a Sat or Scale was 100-130 on 1 of mine and Chris late night talks after 1am ish he would say the the drag guys paid the bills everything else was gravy but it took a toll on him Drag guys back then on Sat would start at 7am and end if he was lucky at 5 the next morning a very long day 2-3 time a month and then there was always Fridays 5pm-1am so while it is still good (the drag guys) it's a token of what it was 

• Tim Neja and Alan Dodson like this

Electric Dreams Online Shop