• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Tommyslots

Tommyslots

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 February 2020 - 03:16 PM

I just got a new DD281 and I'm trying to get an idea of how to use the traction control feature. From what I read in the instructions you should set your sensitivity and then fine tune the traction control knob but i'm still unclear exactly how this works...is it only the last band(s) that reduce power or all bands? I get that it reduces power slightly when punching the throttle and I noticed my lap times suffering a little (I'm relatively new to the hobby so I may have had a bad night of practice...) Any tips or advice (from Jim or anyone else who has used the feature) is appreciated.

On an unrelated note - I was surprised to see that I got the new handle on this controller! Its awesome! Now I just need to practice and get comfortable. 

Thanks, 

-Tom

• Rob Voska and iv_man like this
Thomas Lancieri

#2 Jim Difalco

Jim Difalco

Race Leader

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 10 February 2020 - 09:59 PM

Tom, the traction control works by slowing down the sensitivity on all the bands, depending on how much you turn the traction rheostat knob. The idea is to lower the power available as you punch it at the end of a turn so you will hopefully de-slot less and come out of the turns straighter. It depends if you are a really aggressive driver out of turns and if you are driving a heavier or slippery car.

I suggest you first drive the controller with the traction pot turned down all the way (no effect). Get comfortable with it like this. Set the sensitivity according to your motor and lane as usual.

Next you can start turning the traction pot higher to see if you like the change. Since the traction pot reduces the sensitivity on all the bands you will need to turn the main sensitivity rheostat up to get your first band power (punch) back to where you like it.

From here it is just a matter of practice with it. You may like more traction on some lanes more than others or with certain type cars.

Thanks for the feedback on the new handles. Glad you like them.

• Rob Voska, Mr. M, iv_man and 1 other like this

Jim Difalco
Difalco Design
3075 NE Loquat Lane
Jensen Beach, FL 34957
(772) 334-1987
askjim@difalcoonline.com

#3 Tommyslots

Tommyslots

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 February 2020 - 05:14 PM

Thanks Jim!

I will say this... I have been running an older emotion fanatic for about a year now and although I didn't feel an immediate improvement the night that I got/practiced with the new DD281....I just raced my first race with it -LMP with a mossetti chassis. I managed to beat my personal best lap count by 5 laps. I used very little traction control but noticed a very big improvement on de-slotting. Whether its the traction control or the improved ESP brake - I dont know... but it gave me the little edge that I've been struggling to get. I'm very happy with it!

-Tom

• Samiam likes this
Thomas Lancieri

#4 Greg Erskine

Greg Erskine

Backmarker

• PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 18 February 2020 - 07:25 PM

I get a little confused with the terminology as each controller out there calls things slightly differently.

Is the traction control pot connected to the base of the transistor?

If so, with the relay disabled, I think I have seen this called an "electronic choke".

#5 vanges

vanges

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 December 2020 - 10:59 AM

Hello friends!!! I am a slot user from Argentina. We run in  the Blue King's in Buenos Aires. Most of us are using the Genesis 2 and we are very satisfied, but I have verified that the traction control should be regulated to the maximum so that it has good reaction in the sharp curve.The car doesn’t skate when entering the straight, and lap times are better
Excuse me about my poor English. 
Regards
Carlos

• NSwanberg likes this
Carlos Macherione

Electric Dreams Online Shop