Photo

Is Lapmaster compatible with Autotrack 2 hardware?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 NateT

NateT

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 March 2020 - 03:05 PM

Hello,

Our club is looking to upgrade our scoring system to Lapmaster from the antiquated Auto Track 2 system that came with the track 30 years ago.

I was wondering if the relay system currently in place would work with the Lapmaster system?

Our track is an old Ogilvie track that has been unchanged in 3 decades.  If anyone has done this particular upgrade, I would appreciate any issues you had to overcome to get this new software to work.

Thanks in advance,

Nate

Nate Talaskavich

NateTalaskavich@gmail.com

ONO Slot car club Facebook page

#2 MarkH

MarkH

On The Lead Lap

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 16 March 2020 - 04:03 PM

I have installed 3 Lap Master systems. One used a light bridge the other two were dead strips.

With lap master the dead strip must have proper polarity. I remember (+) to the passenger side??. The system puts out voltage to the strip and looks for a change to trip the timer.

The power to the lanes can be "Per-Lane" or one large relay to power the lanes / smaller relays. It is preferred to control each lane with its own relay. There are outputs for each lane in the box.

Best to contact Carsten and be sure you have everything you need. He is very good about getting back to emails.

Mark Horne

SERG - www.slotcarenduro.club
"Racing is life... everything else is just waiting." Steve McQueen - LeMans
There are only two things in life that make me feel alive. Racing is one of them.

#3 SlotCarsten

SlotCarsten

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 17 March 2020 - 06:15 AM

For any installation of a LapMaster system, you would reuse the existing relay and power system.

You would use the LapMaster (low power) relays to drive the existing high power relays.

• NateT likes this

Carsten Grønnemann
poweredbylapmaster.gif
www.lapmaster.dk

Electric Dreams Online Shop