• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 Zippity

Zippity

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,865 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 02:26 AM

Are any USA Raceways going to follow those in other countries by enforcing compulsory close-downs?

Sadly, here in New Zealand, the trend has begun  :(

UPDATE:

"At 11.59 PM on Wednesday, New Zealand will go into an extreme and unprecedented nationwide lockdown.

All non-essential businesses will be closed and everyone will have to stay at home except for solitary exercise and visiting essential services.

Supermarkets will stay open throughout the four-week lockdown and the supply chain will stay running."

Ron Thornton

#2 slotcarone

slotcarone

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 05:40 AM

Many states have mandatory closings of all non essential businesses. New York starts today.  :)

Mike Katz

Scratchbuilts forever!!

#3 John Streisguth

John Streisguth

Johnny VW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,215 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 05:43 AM

The ones here in PA are closed, but will do "curb side service" if you want to buy stuff to build

• Pete L. and tonyp like this
"Whatever..."

#4 Mike Patterson

Mike Patterson

Village Luddite™

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 09:48 AM

I'm just hoping the liquor store is considered an "essential business".

• Pete L. likes this

"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

#5 Phil Hackett

Phil Hackett

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,976 posts
  • Location:Was Silicon Beach Adjacent - Now the Playa District

Posted 23 March 2020 - 10:04 AM

Sonic is located in Gardena and, as far as I know, Gardena has no lockdown order but then Gardena generaly follows Los Angeles County guidence. I and 1 employee live in Los Angeles City and I guess I shouldn't be travelling to the shop and back but I'm in a car and don't interact with anyone to or from the shop... but the city is threatening to cite people (more than 10 in a group) if they're not practicing "social distanting". The city is certainly shaming people.

Yesterday, I went to the local grocery store and they has instituted a system where only so many could be in the store at one time. It reminded me of going to clubs where the doorman counts the people entering. I had to go to the bank on Friday and they were doing the same thing.

Depending on what happens during the next few hours Sonic may be forced to take a break for a while.

Last night I was (again I was alone in the car) travelling on the freeways and there was NO ONE on the road. I-10 you'd see a car about every 1/2 to 1 mile and I-405 was the lightest I have seen since the 1960s.

Spooky.

Click HERE to contact Sonic Products. The messenger feature on my Slotblog account has been disabled.

MACHINESIGN.JPG

#6 Dave Buchholz

Dave Buchholz

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 10:07 AM

New York tracks are closed till further notice. I can still call the owner of Fantasy Raceway and order parts.  At least, I can still build and repair.

Gonna play with some old PS2002 motors that are now unsealed. I  hope to experiment with timing and spring pressure issues to see what helps get a few more RPMs out of them, and apply that to sealed motors where possible.

#7 old & gray

old & gray

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 10:32 AM

Connecticut's raceway closed a week ago. 

One of the local grocery chains has instituted early morning (6:30 to 7:30) shopping for seniors only,to reduce exposure for this high risk group.

I am in 14-day self isolation at home as my wife and her office had a high risk exposure.

Bob Schlain

Electric Dreams Online Shop