Photo

Building an SRT Viper for a 24-hour race, but when?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Graham Lane

Graham Lane

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 01:49 AM

My current project is building one of Scaleauto’s fabulous SRT Viper white kits for the 19th 24 hours of Neuvic.  The quality of these cars is superb and I can see it’s going to be fast already!

The race was due to be held over the weekend of 19/20/21 of June but sadly it has had to be postponed until this virus thing is over.  The race is for Scaleauto cars from their range of GT3 cars.  Scaleauto will be bringing three six-lane tracks to the event, which will be held in the huge meeting room below the clubroom.  I’ve only raced on Scaleauto track once, in the Léguevin Grand Prix that I built the Alfa Romeo for.  It’s fabulous track.

So, having studied the car for some time I think I’ve got my head round it.  The rules are very clear.  They are, after all, written by Scaleauto themselves.  The only change that Neuvic have made is to not allow suspension to be fitted.  I feel this is wrong, but that’s only my opinion and I’m happy to go with whatever the club decides.

The painful part is putting all the lovely detailed parts back in the box.  This is a racing car and the rules state that mirrors, aerials, roll cage, and various other parts can be left off, so they will be.  I can even fit a light-weight interior, so I will.  Regular parts, such as the guide, would be my choice anyway so I won’t be swapping them over.

The car will be painted in the colours of Christopher Young Opticians, our prime sponsor, with additional decals for Philgood Rehabilitation, who treated my shoulder so brilliantly and will be supplying our team polo shirts.  So far, I’ve only prepped and primed the body and parts, in grey.

B1353B86-9872-427A-A826-0CEDC51D0C8B.jpeg

3FCCDF81-1606-4B90-ACF8-9D157FE8A14D.jpeg

• Alchemist likes this

#2 Alchemist

Alchemist

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 02:06 AM

Hi Graham,

This is going to be an exciting build - looking forward to viewing your progress.

Thanks for sharing!

Ernie

• Graham Lane likes this
Ernie Layacan

#3 Graham Lane

Graham Lane

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 01:26 PM

I found my bright green paint today!  I can now spray the body and parts in the Christopher Young Opticians (CYO) colours.

39D58474-963C-4259-A6F8-9E00A84737A6.jpeg

It’s going to be fun designing the livery based around the logo and colours.  I’ve promised to send the car to CYO after the event so they can put it in their window and do a press release on it.  We should do more of this to promote slot car racing.

• MSwiss and Alchemist like this

#4 Alchemist

Alchemist

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 04:44 PM

How awesome Graham!

Congratulations on the PR - would you be able to acquire a copy of the press release?

Thank you Graham.

Ernie

Ernie Layacan

Electric Dreams Online Shop