• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 wjtaylor

wjtaylor

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 25 April 2020 - 06:01 PM

I talked to Jim a little bit ago and the first thing is Debbie is not doing to well. Please keep a good thought or say a prayer as you will.

The race tentatively scheduled for May 2, I am not sure if it will run yet. Jim does not know what he will be allowed to do by the authorities, so keep checking back here for more info. Get your stuff ready in case it's a go!

We do know a couple of things,

***Gloves and masks***

***WILL BE REQUIRED.***

In order to maintain social distancing, we will be running every other lane which puts only 4 racers on the track at any time. For those of you who watched the latest episode of "Between the Lanes" Ron put up a rotation we will use. It may be that the manufacturer will have ready a software update that will keep track of the totals like it does now. Otherwise we will have to resort to paper and pen to log and then add the totals manually.

For practice we will have to run every other lane on the red set for 15 to 20 minutes and then switch to the black set. Don't be a lane hog. If you are going to the pits to work on your car, take your controller with you.

We will only run 2 classes. OMB and HillBilly. If it goes quicker than I expect, and there is time, we will figure out what to run next

With the nonstandard lane rotation we will be very lenient and do track calls if anybody gets confused about what lane they are on.

I will print a couple of 8 1/2 x 11 sheets showing the lane rotation and post them about. I will also print a few smaller ones to hand out for you to put in your pit box.

I think this scenario will take longer than normal so I would like to cancel qualifying, but i will leave that up to you guys.

As for me, I am not sure what i want to do. From late 2018 to late 2019 i had 2 bouts of pneumonia, 1 bronchitis and 1 upper respiratory infection. Plus there is asthma in my family. If I were to contract this infection and have it go active on me, it could well kill me so I am scared to death of this thing. I want to come and race with you guys(I am in place since the 13th of last month and I am getting cabin fever) but is it the right thing for me to do.

Get me a yes or no here so we can keep track of the possible entries.

Almost forgot, practice ends at 10AM

• tonyp likes this
Bill Taylor
Hi-Speed Products

#2 bbr

bbr

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,381 posts

Posted 25 April 2020 - 09:46 PM

Stay home Bill, not a good idea for you to be in a crowd of people.

For those that absolutely needs to race, I sure they can figure out how to do it reasonably safe
Mike Low
Cry like a baby, drive like a girl, walk like a man.
Give me enough rope and I'll build a fast car... or hang myself?

#3 Jason Holmes

Jason Holmes

Checkered Flag in Hand

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 25 April 2020 - 11:35 PM

I'm not sure this is a good thing if you have 10 or 12 of us I know the drag guys have been there on the weekends so 15+ that's to many.

Do we really think this is wise maybe June and if Bill stays home who does the set up 

Jason

Praying for Debbie 

#4 Roy Lievanos

Roy Lievanos

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 25 April 2020 - 11:46 PM

Me and Alice hope nothing but the best for Debbie. She is a true friend. During  the recent Western states I had a gear go bad while challenging for first place. Alice asked Deb for a gear and Deb went as fast as she could to get a replacement. She tripped and fell. I talked to her after the race and told her it was not worth the effort. I felt bad and realized she was more than a track owner but a rare friend. Hope to see her soon.

• Tim Wood likes this

2023 Barnburner OMB TQ
2022 Western States HB12 Champion
2021 NASRA OMB National Champion
2021 NASRA OMB National Lap World Record

2017 USRA Div 1 Nats “F” class National Champion
2017 Western States "Retro Hawk F class" Champion
Thank you, John and Dee Hale - Santa Ana Raceway circa 1962

#5 Zippity

Zippity

Grand Champion Poster

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,278 posts

Posted 26 April 2020 - 01:57 AM

Racing can wait.

Death and Covid-19 won't.

Don't be a Martyr.

Stay home and stay safe :) 

• bbr likes this
Ron Thornton

#6 Tim Wood

Tim Wood

On The Lead Lap

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 26 April 2020 - 08:13 AM

Prayers & better days ahead for Debbie. I understand your Concerns Bill you have great intentions For Debbie and Jim to keep this track going. We all want to race and support the track BPR. But with your on going health conditions maybe better to be safe at this time. Debbie WE Love You.

Tim Wood 

#7 Tim Neja

Tim Neja

Grand Champion Poster

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,803 posts

Posted 26 April 2020 - 09:03 AM

Prayers for healing and recovery Debbie!  God Bless you and your family!  Stay safe everyone!  

She's real fine, my 409!!!

#8 86ed once again

86ed once again

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 28 April 2020 - 11:24 AM

Sending prayers to Debbie and Watterson Family. 

James Grinstead
Five-time USRA Champion
TEAM KOFORD

#9 wjtaylor

wjtaylor

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 06:29 PM

CANCELLED

4/29/20
Sorry guys, Jim told me a couple of hours ago that they won't let him open.

He hopes that maybe by the middle of the month he can allow us in. Keep your eyes open, I will do a new thread if I get the word. Keep  working on your cars.
  • Rotorranch likes this
Bill Taylor
Hi-Speed Products

#10 ThunderThumb

ThunderThumb

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 17 May 2020 - 02:05 PM

Thanks for the info , please keep us up to date when the next wing race is at Buena Park , thanks Bill and we are all thinking about Debbie
Earl Anderson

Electric Dreams Online Shop