• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#26 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 09:57 AM

As long as we're talking about USPS services, I used to be able to ship up to about 13 ounces in a bubble mailer by just putting about $4-5 worth of stamps on it and never had a problem. Recently, however, the USPS won't allow any bubble mailer using stamps that is over 1/2" thick.  I can't even send ONE small bracket using stamps anymore. The USPS said it was a Homeland Security issue.......

Out here in SoCal I've been in the same building for over 40 years and seen the USPS change dramatically. It used to be the same person who pretty much came at the same time every day and until recently lost mail was pretty much non existent. NOW, it is almost a different person every day and the delivery times could be anywhere from 10 AM to 4 PM.

It doesn't seem to be a recipe for consistency....... and the lost mail is becoming an issue.

Just another sign of the times I guess with the generally deterioration of services you could count on.

#27 MattD

MattD

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,561 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 01:46 PM

I guess I've been lucky, I had a great carrier for the last 8-10 years and she retired Jan 1.   The guy that took her place is also good and is here everyday and 3pm.   He has told me has to work long days often because the other carriers call in.   That hasn't affected me yet.   

I do know the packages I get from guys in Michigan usually get here in great shape.  Both of those guys!!!!!

• bradblohm likes this

Matt Bishop

Electric Dreams Online Shop