• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 GaryG

GaryG

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 July 2020 - 11:06 PM

I have an orange La Cucaracha with diaplanes on the front corners like a Super Cuc for sale on eBay.

Excellent condition!  Sorry, I don't know how to post pics on this forum.  my email is gerdingfasttracks@gmail.com

• Steve Roope likes this

Gary Gerding

#2 Martin

Martin

Checkered Flag in Hand

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 15 July 2020 - 11:14 PM

Gary, I was where you are a couple of years ago.

I am sure someone can post a link on how to post pics. But here's what works for me.

Start with clicking on (more reply options) in the bottom right corner.

That should get you to a tab that says (use full editor) which will then give you an option to (browse...) this will give you the option to search for pics on your device

Once you are there and you click on the pic, last step (attach this file) and your done.

Attached Images

• cuc 123.jpg

Martin

#3 Martin

Martin

Checkered Flag in Hand

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 16 July 2020 - 10:54 AM

Then there is this link from our friend Cheater.

http://slotblog.net/...cs-at-slotblog/

Martin

#4 Gene/ZR1

Gene/ZR1

Race Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 01:15 PM

Philippe de Lespinay post from  22 February 2015

When the body mold was modified in 1967, two models became available, but not at the same time: the new "La Cucaracha GT" also known as "Super Cuc", marketed as a RTR and also as a separate body kit under blister, both always molded in metallic blue plastic, all fitted from the works with the "chrome" plated roof, was one. However, both packaging also contained a standard "spyder" windshield and a standard roll bar in case someone would prefer to run the car as an open cockpit model. The "Cuper Cuc" aftermarket bodies were never marketed on a "body card" of six bodies, like the standard "La Cucaracha" and "Cheetaracha".

The second model was the standard "Cucaracha" RTR with the body alterations (front fins and opening on the body to slide the back of the roof into), but it took a while for new product to be needed, as there was a vast stock of older, finless RTR models and body cards to be sold first.

By early 1968, new RTR were needed, so the new cars were as usual and ALWAYS, molded in the orange plastic. The orange Cucs with the fins received the same chassis as that of the Super Cuc, with the longer drop arm, but the bad experience with the Super Cuc motors meant that all the new orange bugs received the standard NASCAR motor with vent holes, and not the "Super NASCAR" of which nearly entire batch from Hong Kong had defective gimbal bearings.
The new car also received the same wheels and tires as the Super Cuc (meaning setscrew rears on conical hubs and black sponge tires), but a standard "Quick-Change" guide and not the trailing guide fitted to the "La Cucaracha GT" RTR. The modified car was first shown in the 1968 catalog as a line drawing with the fins.

By early 1969, the body cards with the older, finless bodies were exhausted and new body cards with six finned bodies were produced, but in lesser quantities as demand had seriously slacked. The bodies on these cards were as before molded in any color except orange, reserved for the RTR models. Just as for the last finless body cards, the metallic purple color first seen on the 1/32 scale "Lil' Cucaracha" were part of the selected colors.

Be sure to understand that if anyone offers you a RTR "La Cucaracha", finned or not, with any other color than orange, it means that it was put together with an aftermarket body, and never by the factory. When you see an auction claiming "rare color" on one of those post-market, customer assembled cars, smile and keep walking unless the sum of the parts and the price appear reasonable. In this case, condition is what you are looking for, not color.

The same applies of course to the Cheetah IFC models, that only came as a KIT and only with a dark-red body. Any other color means the body came from a body card.

• Maximo likes this
Eldon Adams AKA Gene/ZR1
ZR1 Corvette owner
Hand-carved balsa bodies, resin body plugs, silicone molds, vacuum bodies
Genes_World@ymail.com

#5 Horsepower

Horsepower

**Numb Thumbs**

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,237 posts

Posted 19 July 2020 - 05:01 AM

I have an orange La Cucaracha with diaplanes on the front corners like a Super Cuc for sale on eBay.

Excellent condition!  Sorry, I don't know how to post pics on this forum.  my email is gerdingfasttracks@gmail.com

I looked but couldn't find it.  :boredom:

"You do not know these men. You may have looked at them, but you did not see them. They are the wind that blows newspapers down a gutter on a windy night -- and sweeps the gutter clean."

Gary Stelter

#6 Maximo

Maximo

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts

Posted 19 July 2020 - 08:08 AM

https://www.ebay.com...353.m1438.l2649

• Horsepower likes this
David Ray Siller
Retired Video Game Creator/Designer/Producer
Thingies are my thingie!

#7 Horsepower

Horsepower

**Numb Thumbs**

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,237 posts

Posted 21 July 2020 - 01:40 AM

NOW I found it!  :) Thanks!

• Maximo likes this

"You do not know these men. You may have looked at them, but you did not see them. They are the wind that blows newspapers down a gutter on a windy night -- and sweeps the gutter clean."

Gary Stelter

Electric Dreams Online Shop