• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 GentlemanJames

GentlemanJames

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 01:12 AM

Hi Guys, I'm new to the forum since the Covid lock-down brought me back to my A/FX slot car obsession, which originally ran from Christmas of '71 or '72 with the A/FX Model Motoring: "Firecracker Four" race set under the Christmas tree; and lasted to sometime in '76 or '77 - about the time after the then "brand-new" G-Plus cars came out. So, now - 48 years later -  I am trying to bring my old A/FX cars into shape, and I can't seem to find replacement parts for things like clear windshields for my Porsche 917's and Ferrari 512M's, and clear replacement headlights for both the "flamethrower" versions with the little pocket for the mini-bulb, as well as the non-lighted version. If anyone could tell me where I can get these parts, I'd appreciate it.

#2 bbr

bbr

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,381 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 03:21 AM

slotcarcentral.com and eBay
  • Phil Smith likes this
Mike Low
Cry like a baby, drive like a girl, walk like a man.
Give me enough rope and I'll build a fast car... or hang myself?

#3 GentlemanJames

GentlemanJames

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 09:33 PM

Thanks, but I already scoured those resources; no such animal found roaming the dark forest of eBay, nor on the extensive parts list at SSC. So I am wondering if anyone is sitting on some NOS,or, who supplies Repro parts; I can't be the only guy in the world who needs "glass" for these two very popular bodies; can I?

#4 Randy Tragni

Randy Tragni

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 20 July 2020 - 03:25 PM

You might try Road Race Replicas. They sell "glass" for many T-Jet/AFX type cars. 

https://ho-slotcars.com/

#5 GentlemanJames

GentlemanJames

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 02:51 AM

Thanks Randy. While RRR has lots of parts and "glass", he doesn't have what I need... though he seems to have everything else!

#6 Big E

Big E

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 07 August 2020 - 08:22 PM

James, welcome back to the hobby!

What you really need is to be able to go to a slot car swap meet and scour the boxes of junk or scrap bodies that still have parts attached. It's FUN to do and you can almost always get what you need on the cheap. Problem is, with the health issues we're all dealing with right now, just about every type of show is cancelled, no matter what the subject of the merchandise being offered. Every one of the 1/1 and model/slot car shows that I vend at has been cancelled at least until the end of this year.

Sorry for the downer response, but that's just how things are at the present. Try noodling around on the internet sites, you may find a cheap car or body that may not be in great shape but will have the parts you seek. And you can stash the parts you don't use for future repairs/builds.

Hope this helps, and Enjoy! -- Ernie :>)

*** Don't forget silicone tires for the rear of your cars, if you didn't already have them back in the day. Have FUN -- E

Ernie Finamore

Electric Dreams Online Shop