4 replies to this topic

#1 tonyp

tonyp

Grand Champion Poster

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,891 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 08:36 AM

My good friend in NJ wants to race Gp27 there. They run vintage canam bodies.

Anyone know the rules and what the hot parts to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"And if my thought-dreams could be seen they'd probably put my head in a guillotine. But it's alright, Ma, it's life, and life only." - Dylan

1965 "Evil Bucks Racer" Team
Revtech Team Trinity
Retro East co-founder
American King track single lap world record holder & 40 minute total lap record
First IM Nationals Champion
Arco Champion
Car Model Magazine Series Amateur Champion
2016 ORS Anglewinder Constructors Championsh
ip

#2 John Streisguth

John Streisguth

Johnny VW

• 5,324 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 11:00 AM

I have not heard that they are racing Grp 27.  The class with the vintage Can Am bodies uses older style flexi chassis (Parma Flexi 5 is the hot ticket...) and a Pro-Slot 16D PS2000

https://www.facebook...Q&__tn__=EEHH-R

"Whatever..."

#3 Pete L.

Pete L.

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,774 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 06:23 PM

I'm to understand that he LMP class at Trains & Lanes have recently adopted the ECFS rules for their LMP class.

Peter J. Linszky

C.A.R.S. Vintage Slot Car Club

#4 tonyp

tonyp

Grand Champion Poster

• Subscriber
  • 14,891 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 06:30 PM

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"And if my thought-dreams could be seen they'd probably put my head in a guillotine. But it's alright, Ma, it's life, and life only." - Dylan

1965 "Evil Bucks Racer" Team
Revtech Team Trinity
Retro East co-founder
American King track single lap world record holder & 40 minute total lap record
First IM Nationals Champion
Arco Champion
Car Model Magazine Series Amateur Champion
2016 ORS Anglewinder Constructors Championsh
ip

#5 blue&orange

blue&orange

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 08:39 PM

The best way to get the most updated answers is to post on the T&L slot racing Facebook page -- Jay should respond.  I actually type up the Can Am rules but don't know how to attach a document.  Above posts are mostly on target.  The "Retro-flex" Can Am uses any flexi chassis Parma Flexi 5 or before. Most racers use Flexi 5 but there are Parma 2's, 3's and 4's,, Turbos and various JK's -- the "hot ticket" may indeed be the original Cheetah, since it won almost every race.  They were considering allowing the JK21D, but only if they can get them.  Motor is PS2000.  5/8 fronts, rear axles are 1/8, but they were considering allowing 3/32 with sleeved gears, still 48p -- 9t48p pinion required. Body list is close to IRRA, but hot bodies are, of course, T!22's. but some RTR Mckees have run, and I use a Lola T163 for the King.  Front wheel wells do not have to be cut out but must be clear.  We alternate races between the 150' King and the 220' All Tech, and weekly races alternate between flexi and LMP.

Yes, I believe the ECFS rules are going to be used for LMP.  We started by using the Penn Jersey Nascar series truck chassis, so people could race in that series and just switch bodies for LMP, but things change.  PS4002 can now be opened.  Closed coupe only -- hot body is RTR Orca.

Whereas many tracks have used the same rules set for years for a class, for some reason Jay and Mike like to tweak things all the time.  It is what it is.  We started the retro-flex Can Am series because almost everybody had a bunch of these chasses in their stash just wasting away.  Getting 14-18 guys per week suggests we're doing something right.

Of course, all of this is up in the air because the owner has not opened up for racing yet.  But hope this helps.

Chris Matthy

Electric Dreams Online Shop