• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 wjtaylor

wjtaylor

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 01:31 AM

Richard got the keys to the building on Tuesday and I met him there on Wednesday. Sam Rackham also showed up.

The electrician was there and was already running wires for the security cameras and various monitors.

Richard brought along several sketches of how he thought the building should lay out. We all agreed that the same design was the best. When you are on the king and you need to get to your pit, just turn around. There are 32 pit spots right there. No more running around the track to get to your pit.

But lets get back to the building itself. It is a rectangle, slightly wider than deep with the entry in the middle of the wider wall. This used to be a produce market so they have the auto opening doors you get at your grocery store. Step on the pad and the door opens. One in and one out. step into the building and the drag strip is straight ahead. The king and the parts counter is on the left and the flat track is on the right.

Today Richard started painting the walls and he has about half the braid pulled off the king.

I might be there on saturday after the race at BPR and if I do get there, I will take a few pix.

GREG, can you pin this for me

• MSwiss, Tim Neja, Jason Holmes and 5 others like this
Bill Taylor
Hi-Speed Products

#2 Tim Neja

Tim Neja

Grand Champion Poster

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,141 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 09:29 AM

A new raceway in SoCal will be fabulous!  Congratulations to Richard for finding a location and good luck with the clean up and installation of the tracks! Looking forward to a great facility to race at!  Keep safe and enjoy the build out! 

She's real fine, my 409!!!

Electric Dreams Online Shop