3 replies to this topic

#1 Madmike

Madmike

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 February 2021 - 09:30 AM

Thinking about Reopening "Pitstop Hobbies and Raceway" in Massachusetts
Was originally in Hanover Mass in the early 90's. Looking at space in the same general area to re-open, Wondering if there would be enough interest to make it worthwhile, will have a Hill climb,Tri Oval,Drag strip,and possibly a flat road course and commercial ho track
  • Cheater, tonyp, Dominator and 1 other like this
 Mike Hudson

#2 Modelville Guy

Modelville Guy

Backmarker

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 21 February 2021 - 12:23 PM

Mike we have talked and we think it would be great. Talked to some of my racers Friday night and they too thought it would be great. Some of them come to Modelville Hobby from RI.

Good luck.

Richard Payne

#3 Dominator

Dominator

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,378 posts

Posted 21 February 2021 - 12:50 PM

Hi Mike, 

With only two commercial raceways left in New England another raceway would surely be greatly received by local racers.  The question would be what is the best plan to attract walk-in traffic, get them to come back a second time, get them hooked so they will be back on a regular basis, and ultimately getting them involved with the racing community.  We need new hobbyist and racers to keep the hobby alive to support the tracks.  That being said you are about 90 minutes from me.  While I can't commit to a weekly program I can usually make something work if there is racing on the weekends.  

Keep the cars simple.  JK started running a boxstock series that appears to be catching on at a few raceways down south.  The JK cars are pretty good right out of the box.  I think about the only thing that needs to be done is solder the bushings in place. 

Retro racing is most popular right now but these are certainly not beginner cars. 

• SpeedyNH likes this
A motor is only as fast as the chassis it's in.

Dominic Luongo
Like Dominator Custom Chassis on Facebook

NERR photos from 2012-April 2016
NERR photos from 2016 to now

#4 blkdout76

blkdout76

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 21 February 2021 - 09:27 PM

Another track in New England!? That'd be great!
Gary Clinton Jr

Electric Dreams Online Shop