• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 tazman

tazman

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 10 April 2021 - 09:24 PM

I think it's time for me to start building my Dynamic 1/24 F1 that my dad built for me in the late 60's. Got a NOS Dynamic chassis from Professor Motor and have a True Scale HONDA BODY. I have a few NOS parts like
the motor, drop arm hinge, guide set, axles, and gears. The only things I am missing is the rear axle BB and colored rear sponge tires and rims for the 1/8 threaded axle which my dad used for his build. Question, are there BB out in the market for 1/8 axle that I could use for my chassis? Any body have threaded colored rear tire and rim set - not used and dried up?9dfc2c4fcab3eef82e5f39493d5adf93.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
  • Peter Horvath likes this
Rick Ortogero

#2 Jairus

Jairus

Body Painter Extraordinaire

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,174 posts

Posted 10 April 2021 - 09:50 PM

Those aluminum bearings can be removed with a bearing press.  Any 1/8 axle ball bearing will fit.
The Dynamic bearings are of the roller type, not the ball.  They use the axle as the inner race.
Nice, if you are looking for points for Dynamic parts used, but any German or Chinese Ball bearing races will work perfectly.
Heck, the uprights are wide enough for two per side!
Use blue locktite to secure them.

Jairus H Watson - Artist
Need something painted, soldered, carved, or killed? - jairuswtsn@aol.com

www.slotcarsmag.com

www.jairuswatson.net
http://www.ratholecustoms.com
Check out some of the cool stuff on my Fotki!

#3 Isaac S.

Isaac S.

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 10 April 2021 - 10:04 PM

I thought that was out of stock?! 

As far as tires and wheels I am going to need mine but someone on here will probably be happy to help you out. If they have enough meat on them, even if they are dried up you can sand the tires down and you will find like-new rubber. It works nearly every time for me. 

You can find BB's on Ebay, Amazon, PCH, etc. Just find ones with the correct OD, most common is 1/4". 

Isaac Santonastaso

#4 Kim Lander

Kim Lander

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 10 April 2021 - 10:04 PM

Tazman....I have some 1/8th bearings you can have if you want....Kim

#5 Martin

Martin

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts

Posted 11 April 2021 - 10:51 AM

Hi Rick, great that you and you Dad where into slots. If you care to share, what happened to the original car. Is your dad still around?

Martin Windmill

#6 Bill from NH

Bill from NH

Age scrubs away speed!

• 14,272 posts

Posted 11 April 2021 - 05:36 PM

BBs with 1/8" IDs have 1/4" ODs, those with 3/32" IDs have 3/16" ODs. Those dimensions don't always apply to bronze & oilite bushings. Those come in both ODs  for both diameter axles.

Bill Fernald

I intend to live forever!  So far, so good.  :laugh2:  :laugh2: 

#7 HarV Wallbanger III

HarV Wallbanger III

Racing inta OLD age!

• Member at Peace
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 11 April 2021 - 07:12 PM

Hey Rick I have a bearing press and maybe BB's so I'll look for it and see you Thur.

I have a lot of Dynamic parts also as well as threaded axles and wheels if you can find some good rubber.

Barney Poynor
12/26/51-1/31/22
Requiescat in Pace

#8 tazman

tazman

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 13 April 2021 - 12:11 AM

My dad and I were pretty much into it (60's slot cars) and he decided that he wanted to do something special. He found a FI body he liked, his favorite chassis - Dynamic, a 36D? Champion motor with BB, axle BB, and colored tires. He took his time building it and after two weeks, we ran the car. We were pleasantly surprise but, after a couple of months, the slot car tracks were closing. Sadly, it sat on my Dynamic roller block and it became my shelf queen. One morning, I invited two friends into my house one morning before school. I did not notice until about a week later that the car was gone. I was heart broken that the car disappeared - I had my suspicions. A year later, I got an invite to visit one the guys who came to my house. Needless to say, I found the car minus the motor in his little brother's toy box.  I confronted him in front of his mom and dad about stealing my CAR and how special it was to me. They accused me of lying because their son was a Christian young man and would never steal. Well, I walked out of that house and took my car with me - he pissed me off. Later, we had a man to man talk when he got the courage to confront me. I gave something to remember me by - I let all of my built up anger out and aimed right at him. Like they say, payback is a bitch! It felt so good that I got that car back on my Dynamic block where it belonged minus the motor. Oh well...

Rick Ortogero

#9 Martin

Martin

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts

Posted 13 April 2021 - 12:22 AM

Thanks Rick for the back story.

Looking forward to seeing the car back in its rightful place in your personal history.

What motor did it have?

Can you not use the original chassis etc, sounds like you may still have the roller? Or did it get lost to time?

Martin Windmill

#10 Albert Bisaccia

Albert Bisaccia

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 06:55 AM

Hi Martin,
Is the tongue in that chassis kit original or an REH repop.
Albert

#11 tazman

tazman

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 04 May 2021 - 09:20 AM

Hi Martin,
Is the tongue in that chassis kit original or an REH repop.
Albert

I have a repop but it is made of a different shiny material (middle pic). The one in the package looks to be made of the same material as the ones I acquired over the years. I noticed that the guide holder on some of them looks different - are they few repops? I did not know REH made repops. 845e926c70ec21c881f046e7d41148c3.jpg47a8e1355c533b142ea416db304ef3cc.jpgc303b324e7f81d6b250a62bd21c0799a.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Rick Ortogero

Electric Dreams Online Shop