13 replies to this topic

#1 Lastic

Lastic

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 May 2021 - 04:01 AM

Good morning everybody

I bought 11 of these "EM Winner" bodies of the very friendly Niels Elmholt since they have a lot of clearance at the back for the Parma motors i'm running in my Parma International 1/32 cars (on a home Carrera track).

But I am wondering on which real car they are based or if somebody has a picture of a painted one ?

Attached Images

• IMG_6355 (1).JPG
  • IMG_6408.JPG
  • IMG_6407.JPG
  • IMG_6406.JPG
  • IMG_6405.JPG

Erik Steckelbruck

#2 Bill from NH

Bill from NH

Age scrubs away speed!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,315 posts

Posted 08 May 2021 - 09:21 AM

Erik, I'm not familiar with this body, but it looks well-shaped. I'd go back & ask Niels your questions. I've known him for about 10 years, or so, & he's never hesitated answering my questions (usually on his F1 race cars) or anyone else's. 

Bill Fernald

I intend to live forever!  So far, so good.  :laugh2:  :laugh2: 

#3 Lastic

Lastic

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 May 2021 - 09:58 AM

Erik, I'm not familiar with this body, but it looks well-shaped. I'd go back & ask Niels your questions. I've known him for about 10 years, or so, & he's never hesitated answering my questions (usually on his F1 race cars) or anyone else's. 

It was the first thing I asked Niels when I bought these bodies :) but he doesn't have a clue neither so hoping maybe somebody on here might recognise it.

Erik Steckelbruck

#4 Bill from NH

Bill from NH

Age scrubs away speed!

• 14,315 posts

Posted 08 May 2021 - 12:29 PM

Erik, I did a Microsoft Bing search & another on YouTube for Alfa Romero Alfetta EM slot car bodies  & came up with nothing that looks anything like yours. YouTube showed a few videos for an Alfetta 158/159 which was an open wheel car from the 40s. Those were painted red with solid white numbers. The only racing sports cars I found were Alfa Romero Alfetta TiPIs. They were red with a small white or light yellow nose. They had white roundels with black numerals.  I think whoever made these slot car bodies you have created a swoopy, somewhat high downforce body & just called it an  Alfetta EM. Have you also put your query on the Slotforum BBS too? It has more international members than does Slotblog & somebody there might be aware of what you have. It looks like a nice body that could have been pulled in lots of countries.

Bill Fernald

#5 Lowflyer

Lowflyer

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 May 2021 - 12:34 PM

Well I know these bodies since, Niels Got Them from me Way back in time.

they were made by Bernd Dombrowski, RuFUS Hamburg.

They are not made to resemble anything, made-for-speed.

• n.elmholt and Bill from NH like this
Thorkild Hjorth

#6 Bill from NH

Bill from NH

Age scrubs away speed!

• 14,315 posts

Posted 08 May 2021 - 12:50 PM

Erik, Lowflyer's response posted above tells me that you can paint them any which way you desire & still be correct. If you desired to paint them historically correct, they have no history. I'm guessing these bodies may have originally been made for an inline motor & chassis. The two kick-outs beside the "coupe roof" could have been done for inline motor clearance. Have fun painting these bodies. If you want, post photos of your paint jobs here. I'd be interested in seeing what you did.

Bill Fernald

#7 Lastic

Lastic

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 May 2021 - 01:05 PM

Thanks Gentlemen for your aid !

I like to know the origins of things I own so now I know from where they originated.
I had a gut feeling they weren't a replica of a real car , it would have been a pretty bizarre car to be driven in the streets or even on a track.

Well so far I have been using lexan replica's of real LMP or GT cars and try to paint them as closely as possible to the real thing but using spray paint and masking tape.
These bodies will be me first experiment with liquid masking tape and coming up with a design so will definitly post some pictures when I have finished them.

Enjoy your weekend everybody !

Erik Steckelbruck

#8 Lowflyer

Lowflyer

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 May 2021 - 01:20 PM

They were wing car bodies.

Thorkild Hjorth

#9 Lowflyer

Lowflyer

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 May 2021 - 01:26 PM

I Think Bernd, originally thought the “box” behind the cockpit should be cut Open, and make a flap of on the top to create heat dissaperarence.

I participate in the European Championship in 77 and 81, I probably used these bodies for the 2 races is 77, at RuFUS Hamburg, and at Baar, Switzerland. 1:32 was a Open class With wings.

• Lastic likes this
Thorkild Hjorth

#10 Lastic

Lastic

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 May 2021 - 01:44 PM

I Think Bernd, originally thought the “box” behind the cockpit should be cut Open, and make a flap of on the top to create heat dissaperarence.

I participate in the European Championship in 77 and 81, I probably used these bodies for the 2 races is 77, at RuFUS Hamburg, and at Baar, Switzerland. 1:32 was a Open class With wings.

The only connection I have here is that I'm half German and my father was born in Hamburg but I was born in Belgium in 1973 so I was 4 years old when you were already using these bodies  :D 

I merely transitioned from onroad 1/12-1/24th RC last year due to the lockdowns to slotcars and since then have setup a Carrera track running Parma 1/32 Internationals and now recently an JK Cheetah 11 1/32 . Do hope that once all tracks are opened again I'll be able to run on a bigger wooden track.

Erik Steckelbruck

#11 Bill from NH

Bill from NH

Age scrubs away speed!

• 14,315 posts

Posted 08 May 2021 - 08:21 PM

Erik, the good way to look at those bodies is that you have something to run in 1/32 that probably nobody else has.  :)  Enjoy the racing on your Carrera track & hopefully not too long a wait before you can try some of the bigger wooden tracks.  

Bill Fernald

#12 Eddie Fleming

Eddie Fleming

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 09 May 2021 - 01:48 PM

When you get one or some painted let us have a look. 

• Rotorranch likes this
Eddie Fleming

#13 Mark Onofri

Mark Onofri

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 09 July 2021 - 01:32 PM

I saw a real one at Watkins Glen historic races. It's a very tough call between the(last) UOP shadow

#14 Mark Onofri

Mark Onofri

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 09 July 2021 - 01:35 PM

Stupid phone, it's a very loose rendition of it(the alfa). The Alfa Romeo was drop dead gorgeous in real life. Not that that body isn't.

Electric Dreams Online Shop