https://youtu.be/AtXvdW2Y-J4

Ron Thornton

#2 Tex

Tex

Grand Champion Poster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,227 posts

Posted 06 September 2021 - 08:30 AM

saw that coming.... lol.... a mower, a bag o' money..... yup, what could go wrong?!

Richard L. Hofer

Remember, two wrongs don't make a right... but three lefts do! Only you're a block over and a block behind.

#3 Dave Crevie

Dave Crevie

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 06 September 2021 - 09:04 AM

That is the kind of thing that would happen to me. But then, when I was a kid I used to mow lawns, rake leaves, anything to make a little money for slot racing and model car kits. I agreed to plant some evergreens for a neighbor, along side his house. When digging a hole for one of the plants, I found a lunchbox. I opened it, and inside was the rotted remains of what I assumed to be a sandwich, a thermos with some coffee still in it, and best of all, a five dollar bill. What I didn't know then was that the lunchbox and thermos were the most valuable items. The box and thermos were both chrome plated, and the box had "American Thermos Company" embossed in both ends. About thirty years later I was on a day trip to a motorabilia swap meet with some of my Austin-Healey club friends, and a dealer had one of those lunchboxes, complete with thermos, at his booth. There was no price on it, but one of the guys in our group said it was worth a s**tload of money. I never bothered to research it, but every once in a while I do wonder about it. 

Electric Dreams Online Shop