2 replies to this topic

#1 MSwiss

MSwiss

Grand Champion Poster

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,056 posts

Posted 24 November 2021 - 02:53 PM

I stopped at K&S last month, when Dan Ebert was in town, to pick up wire for my next batch of plated piano wire.

For about the 17th time, when I asked if they could give me (in this case, us) a quick peek into the production area, I was refused.

Instead of Dave's usual, "We can't for insurance reasons" BS, he said, "We don't want you to see the Magic Brass Tree". LOL.

When I stopped in earlier today, to pick up brass strip for one of my versions of weighted guides, I noticed their interesting new display in the office area.

I asked "What do you have in there? Fallen leaves from the Magic Brass Tree"?

And then I suggested they put a tarp over the tree and give me a tour.

Once it was apparent it wasn't going to work, I said, "I'm most curious how you cut the brass so burr-free."

Surprisingly, he told me, confirming it was on machinery they made themselves over the years (which Chuck Gambo had theorized), and gave me the general idea of the technique.

20211124_133634.jpg

20211124_133558.jpg

• Maximo and Tim Neja like this

Mike Swiss

Inventor of the Low CG guide flag 4/20/18
IRRA® Components Committee Chairman
Five-time USRA National Champion (two G7, one G27, two G7 Senior)
Two-time G7 World Champion (1988, 1990), eight G7 main appearances
Eight-time G7 King track single lap world record holder

17B West Ogden Ave., Westmont, IL 60559, (708) 203-8003, mikeswiss86@hotmail.com (also my PayPal address)

Note: Send all USPS packages and mail to: 5858 Chase Ave., Downers Grove, IL 60516

#2 Dave Crevie

Dave Crevie

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,817 posts

Posted 24 November 2021 - 04:08 PM

Years ago I had a brass tree I got from Special Shapes with the help of Frank Pawlikowski, a good friend from model railroading, who designed the cutting and milling machines they used to make their brass pieces.

But I forgot to water it and it died. When I asked for another, they told me that anyone so careless as to forget to water a living plant didn't deserve to have one.

So now I have to buy my materials just like anyone else. :dash2:  :laugh2:

#3 Phil Hackett

Phil Hackett

Grand Champion Poster

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,256 posts
  • Location:Was Silicon Beach Adjacent - Now the Playa District

Posted 24 November 2021 - 09:30 PM

I have a money tree I grew by myself but the Gov'ment says if I try and spend or deposit into any financial entity any of its fruit I'll be thrown in jail. No, you can't see it. :D  :sun_bespectacled:

Click HERE to contact Sonic Products. The messenger feature on my Slotblog account has been disabled.

MACHINESIGN.JPG

Electric Dreams Online Shop