#1 MG Brown

MG Brown

Grand Champion Poster

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,757 posts

Posted 27 December 2021 - 01:41 PM

A New Year is almost upon us. 

Traditionally people take a few moments to pause and review the year that has past.

I have been very fortunate in many ways. I am grateful for those people in my home state that are helping me rebuild my racing program and helping me work on becoming more competitive. Hopefully next year I can have the eye surgery that I need to be able to see well enough to be a better racer.

Heartfelt thanks to my wife Terri who supports the crazy things that I do far better than I have a right to expect. Thank you also to her family who have been as much if not more of a family to me than my blood relatives.

Thanks to everyone out there who operates raceways and makes the parts and tools that we use to make our toy race cars. I hope we can get a team or two of TN drivers to participate in the USA ISRA Worlds in 2023.

I'm sure I will think of something else that I should have added as soon as I press "post".

Please feel free to share your New Year memories and maybe some personal goals for 2022.

• vfr750, MSwiss, ajd350 and 2 others like this
That's thirty minutes away. I'll be there in ten.

#2 Brian Czeiner

Brian Czeiner

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 27 December 2021 - 02:33 PM

2021 was a mix of ups and downs. My wife and I celebrated 20 years. I also suffered the loss of my father this past summer. Besides the grieving loss, we were preparing to move him to Texas permanently as soon as he was able to travel. He would have been a great asset to the Cave since he taught me nearly everything I know and had much more to share. He was literally a professional model maker for over 50 years. I'm not talking about kits. He built everything for his job from raw materials. I have discovered modeling tools of his that I have no clue what they are or how they are used. Now I may never know and I miss him every day.

But his loss is also a lesson to those who have a lifetime of knowledge or skills in any field or hobby. Please share what you know with anyone who may want to listen. The things we have learned should not need to be rediscovered when we pass. They should be our mark left on the world and become the new foundation for improvement. It is a lesson I plan to execute in 2022 and beyond. 

• vfr750, cdtanner, Tim Neja and 5 others like this

If it's not a Caveman, It's HISTORY!          Support Your local raceways!

cavemanbodeez@gmail.com         CavemanBodeez.com      Womp Mafia

#3 gatormark

gatormark

Race Leader

• Partial Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 27 December 2021 - 08:50 PM

Fact. If something doesn't change ie brining in the next generationslot enthusiasts this hobby is done. We continue to see older guys in all the pics and that spells disaster. It's like recruiting for our Church's, if ya don't have a good youth program, you will be closing your doors.
  • MSwiss, Tim Neja, ajd350 and 2 others like this
Mark Conner

#4 Tim Neja

Tim Neja

Grand Champion Poster

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,803 posts

Posted 29 December 2021 - 01:48 PM

It's been a truly challenging couple of years!!  Merry Christmas to all-- and let's try to celebrate a HAPPY NEW YEAR with better thoughts and prayers for all our fellow racers and friends!  It's not what we have that matters--it's WHO we have in our lives that matters!  So again--         Happy New Year to all of the slot racing families and friends!! Here's to celebrating 2022!!  

• MSwiss, Joe Mig and Eddie Fleming like this
She's real fine, my 409!!!

Electric Dreams Online Shop