#1 dalek

dalek

Race Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 14 March 2020 - 09:35 AM

Why only 16 heats?

If you're on a 3-man team, that means only 25 minutes of driving for two of the drivers and 30 minutes for the other driver.  Doesn't seem like much for an enduro.

But if there were 24 heats, each driver on a 3-driver team would drive 8 heats and each on a 2-driver team would drive 12 heats.  The whole race would still be under 3 hours including lane changes (24 x 7 minutes = 2.8 hours).

#2 Terry Tawney

Terry Tawney

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Subscriber
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 09:43 AM

Hay dale the old mo center with out the ears just checking

#3 Marcus P1 Raceway

Marcus P1 Raceway

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 10:18 AM

Terry Tawney
Today, 03:43 PM
Hay dale the old mo center with out the ears just checking

Yes Terry!
Marcus Ramos

P1 Slot Car Raceway
120 West Crown Pointe Rd, Suite 114
Winter Garden, FL 34787

#4 Bucky

Bucky

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 10:53 AM

I don't own that center section or pan, so I'll be passing on this one.
Aaron Rothstein

#5 Marcus P1 Raceway

Marcus P1 Raceway

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 11:42 AM

Aaron maybe your partner has it and you don't have to buy it! I'm sure someone will want you as a partner!
Marcus Ramos

P1 Slot Car Raceway
120 West Crown Pointe Rd, Suite 114
Winter Garden, FL 34787

#6 Twisted Metal

Twisted Metal

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 16 March 2020 - 07:12 AM

Aaron...I have several of these. If you need one just let me know or you can be on my team

#7 Bucky

Bucky

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 16 March 2020 - 08:51 AM

If I can make it I'll join you, unless the plan is to randomize teams. It's weird, but who knows what will happen as we move forward with this virus around.
Aaron Rothstein

#8 Wizard Of Iz

Wizard Of Iz

Slot Parrothead

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 16 March 2020 - 02:13 PM

I don't own one either.  In fact, I don't own any Mossetti chassis.  Nothing against them (I think they're a definite advantage) ..... just not in the budget to change the fleet.

So, I'm out.  I'm definitely not interested in tearing up someone else's car or dragging down their team.

Probably can say the same for Nathan .... but he might be willing to partner with someone.  He also doesn't own any Mossetti chassis.  (They simply didn't exist in 2015 when we closed.) 

Rollin Isbell

#9 Bucky

Bucky

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 16 March 2020 - 02:53 PM

Rollin, were you and Nathan planning on attending if there weren't any chassis restrictions? I'd hate to see fewer entries over a relatively minor detail. I think a chassis restriction is unnecessary when there's a minimum weight, but that's just my opinion.
  • tonyp likes this
Aaron Rothstein

#10 Wizard Of Iz

Wizard Of Iz

Slot Parrothead

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 16 March 2020 - 03:42 PM

Rollin, were you and Nathan planning on attending if there weren't any chassis restrictions? I'd hate to see fewer entries over a relatively minor detail. I think a chassis restriction is unnecessary when there's a minimum weight, but that's just my opinion.

I hate to speak for Nathan .... but I think he was going to reach out to Mike Henry to race.  VERY sure that he had not called him yet.  They raced together in the Enduro races a few years ago and Mike has been threatening to do a little racing again.  HOWEVER .... Mike's wife just gave birth to a little girl a week-or-two ago so he might not be able to get a hall pass just yet.

I have no interest in partnering with Nathan -- or anyone else that's a top-tier driver.  Nathan's good enough of a driver to compete for a podium finish.  I'm keenly aware that my skills mean the team is going to lose two-to-four (or more) laps to the leaders when I drive.  Takes all of the fun out of it.  

So,I was hoping to lure Eddie (Nathan's grandfather) out of semi-retirement just to have some fun.  However, when I spoke to Eddie about the race; we erroneously presumed that the Enduros would once again use the JK Cheetah 21 (ready-to-run chassis with the motor on top of the chassis). which we both own.

Please, please do not even consider changing the rules at this point.  It's not that big of a deal.  No rule should ever be changed to benefit one (or two) racers.  Besides .... if the world has returned to "normal" by April 11th, there's a Cars & Coffee event I wouldn't mind attending. 

Rollin Isbell

Electric Dreams Online Shop