1 reply to this topic

#1 Shruska55

Shruska55

Mid-Pack Racer

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 06:25 PM

Here's V2 of my possible fleet of Pro-Track F1 Roller chassis kits. This one is fundamentally the same as V1. Pro-Track F1 full front and back ball bearing roller chassis, Scaleauto SC-0026 Endurance motor, 9/33 gearing on the 1.07" tires and guide. I used standard wires that came with the Scaleauto  motor. I desoldered the braid cliips and pushed the lead wires into the guide. This provided a lower profile wire set to keep it under and from interfering with the front axle. 1 .010" piece of body armor was used to reduce the angle of the motor in the mount.

On this one, I made two single piece aluminum rear axle spacers to replace the factory 2 piece plastic per side set. A thin coat of nail enamel on the inside of the read tires to stiffen the sidewalls. I used a stop on the front axle to let the front wheels turn independently. The body was cut lower by about 1/4" to lay flatter and angled slightly down and forward. A 1/4" lexan rear wing extension was added as an experiment to see if it might add a little down force.

The rest is stock. The mods above, however, will make this a Tier 3 car in the 4 tier rule set we are developing at Tyler Slot Cars.

The decal trim is a little Indy car meets F1 with the decal set. It's all I had available at the time...

Scott

ProTrackV2P1.jpg

ProTrackV2P2.jpg

ProTrackV2P3.jpg

ProTrackV2P4.jpg

• cdtanner, Bill from NH and Michael Jr. like this
Scott Hruska
East Texas

#2 Bill from NH

Bill from NH

Age scrubs away speed!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,082 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 08:04 PM

Scott, in the first couple of photos, this car looked R/C car size, not a slot car. It should run real well for you, it looks fine. :)

• Shruska55 likes this
Bill Fernald

I intend to live forever!  So far, so good.  :laugh2:  :laugh2: 

Electric Dreams Online Shop