8 replies to this topic

#1 Chad M.

Chad M.

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 12:08 PM

FYI...

Placed an order with this company... They charged my card... After six days I still had no shipping confirmation... I inquired about the status of my order... They got snotty and canceled my order!

Was I wrong in asking after six days waiting?

All I needed was a tracking number or an explanation of why it was taking so long!

Was not professional to cancel my order for a status request!

I'm done... Thanks...

Chad Mervine

#2 nicky 65

nicky 65

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 04:54 PM

They suck... always did and always will. I ordered bodies from them a few years ago. They sent me totally different bodies than I ordered. And they were pissed at me when I complained.

Nicholas Traina

"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice"

#3 Pablo

Pablo

Builder

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,975 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 04:59 PM

No, they didn't "always" suck. They started sucking about 10 years ago. Everybody here knows that. Sorry you found out the hard way

Paul Wolcott

#4 Pablo

Pablo

Builder

• Administrator
  • 16,975 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 05:29 PM

I typed in "ncp" in the Slotbog search engine, clicked on the green button, and found THIS, among others.

My sister bought me a gift card and it was bogus.

Paul Wolcott

#5 gc4895

gc4895

On The Lead Lap

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 06:56 PM

They are the worst! What they list as inventory is bogus. I have had nothing but trouble with them.
  • gmpower likes this
Mark Bauer

#6 Bill from NH

Bill from NH

Age scrubs away speed!

• 12,082 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 09:00 PM

When NCP first started mail order they listed just about every slot car product ever manufactured. I don't know if they were using obsolete distributor  sheets or what, but it wasobvious to me that much of which they had listed, they weren't going to get unless they had it on their shelves. They soon opened an Ohio raceway & added a 2nd a couple years later. That second raceway was closed a couple years later & then a big rig went through the first destroying the building & it's contents. This forced the then owner to get a truck driving job. & use the mail order business as a secondary source of income. Somewhere along the line, I think the original 4 or 5 owners became one. I always had great rapport with them at first, even getting a few odd items not available elsewhere. I once ordered an item that had a $60 price increase before they obtained it, yet they only charged me the old price. Then 10 or 12 years ago, I started seeing the 1/32 guys on HRW complaining about NCP & how their orders were being mishandled. This prompted me to stop ordering anything from NCP. Soon after, the Slotblog complaints Pablo point out started coming in. Frankly, I'm surprised NCP mail order still exists. When I last looked at the site a couple years ago, they still listed merchandise that I doubt was available.

Bill Fernald

I intend to live forever!  So far, so good.  :laugh2:  :laugh2: 

#7 Ecurie Martini

Ecurie Martini

Ecurie Martini

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 09:46 PM

Odd - I have ordered from them a number of times - mostly gears - their listing is the broadest I've seen (can't speak to the % availabilty) but I have always received what I ordered.  Last spring I called them about some gears - angle winder spurs - because of space constraints I need to know if the hub was on the large or small diameter side - not clear from the site.  I spoke with a young man who spent some time pulling items from stock and describing them.

YMMV

EM

• Jesse Gonzales likes this
Alan Schwartz

#8 Pablo

Pablo

Builder

• Administrator
  • 16,975 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 10:09 PM

You simply got lucky, Alan. NCP is a failed business. A majority of Slotbloggers have reported multiple problems with it for many years. You call it "Odd". That's your opinion. I call it "DIW" "Dead in the water)

No sense thrashing it any further. Cheater, I recommend locking this thread up.

Paul Wolcott

#9 Zippity

Zippity

Grand Champion Poster

• 5,020 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 10:47 PM

Sure, destroy a Company's viability and good name and then shut the thread down.

I have NEVER had any issues when dealing with them.

• Joe Mig and Jesse Gonzales like this
Ron Thornton

Electric Dreams Online Shop